17 | SHARING

let's give the star of the next book some time to shine :)

seeing the brown haired male cry more once he laid eyes on the orange haired male, the older of the two immediately ran over to jeno and embraced him in his hold, whispering soothing words to him as he ran his fingers through his hair despite not being educated about the reason for his tears.

"shh... its okay, its okay..." doyoung whispered, trying to calm the other down and attempting to stop him from crying. however, it didn't work as it only caused for the brown haired male to cry more.

the orange haired male felt as if he was holding a little kid in his arms, and no, it didn't have to do with jeno being two years younger than him and the older adopting him as his child. he was genuinely worried for his friend, as he has never seen him cry before, so it was a huge shock to doyoung.

"don't cry... its okay..." the older continued to whisper to the brown haired male, and after a good five or so minutes, jeno finally calmed down from his emotions, and all that remained were his slightly red eyes, pink nose, and slightly tinted cheeks. no one else would be able to tell that the younger was crying unless they actually looked closely.

after all the tears that came from jeno's eyes disappeared like a miracle, the two boys laid down in the grass where the younger was laying before doyoung had arrived, and focused their attention on the star-covered sky above them. it was a stunning sight, calming, as the nighttime wind also blew past them. even though it was the middle of summer, the night breeze was still refreshing as always.

several minutes passed by with complete silence, both boys stuck in their thoughts and mesmerized by the summer nighttime sky. the ambiance was settle, until the older broke the quietness with his words.

"do you wanna tell me what's wrong?" was the first thing the orange haired male said. he turned to look at the other male, who had done the same thing and caused the two to synchronize, spending a minute to look at each other before letting out a sigh, turning back to their original position. once again, in sync.

"do you wanna know what's wrong?" the younger question, not really finding the want or need to talk about his issues with others. the brown haired boy was still stubborn enough to believe that he can deal with his problems on his own despite going to jisung every three minutes to complain about something.

a sigh was heard from doyoung as he turned to look at jeno. he saw the hurt in the younger's eyes, but didn't know why it was there. he wanted to know, but also didn't want to force the younger to tell him if he was uncomfortable. everyone knew jeno as a reserved personnel, and because of that, it was very possible that the other didn't feel comfortable putting himself out there.

"of course i do. i don't wanna see you cry." doyoung stated.

a playful scoff was then heard from the younger. "please, hyung. you've never seen me cry."

obviously, that statement was now false, jeno knew. he didn't disregard the fact that the older had just held him in his arms while the brown haired male cried his eyes out for what may be the first time in his life. the younger really didn't know the last time he had cried so badly and knew he would wake up with a headache the next day because of it.

"i saw you cry just now for the first time, and i really want it to be the last time. now tell me, who hurt you? i'll go beat them up with my two fists if i have to," like doyoung could hurt the brown haired male's two friends. the older may hate every single one of his friends as a passion (other than taeyong for some unknown reason), but deep down inside, he does really care.

the situation between jaehyun and taeyong could prove to be an example. the orange haired male had shown extreme dislike towards jaehyun throughout majority of this past school year, but it wasn't because he actually hated the now black haired male; he was more disappointed at his friend's actions towards the former red head and didn't think what he was doing was right.