18 | OVERREACTING

"what is with you guys and overreacting about everything?!" was the first thing jisung yelled when jaemin went over to his dorm room to talk to him about what had occurred two days before.

jeno still hasn't returned to the shared dorm room, neither jaemin nor renjun knew where he was, and he didn't take his phone or room keys with him. renjun was growing extremely worried, as is jaemin, but the brown haired male was more disappointed and angry at his friend for running away like that.

and how many times was jisung going to be in the middle of their drama and overreacting?

"like, its just a kiss. what's the big deal about it?" the light blue haired male rhetorically asked, thinking to himself that he would get grey hairs if he had to keep dealing with the three of them.

"actually..." jaemin began to talk before the owner of the room could say anything further. "he had the right to act like that."

"what do you mean he had the right to-"

"he likes renjun, so his actions are valid," the brown haired boy lowered his head, feeling upset that the other brown haired male didn't return his feelings, as well as the aforementioned feelings of disappointment and anger with the other for being away long enough to worry renjun.

jisung froze in his spot upon hearing the brown haired male mention that. how did he find out? since when? who told him? so many questions filled up in the light blue haired boy's mind, but not enough answers were being given to him.

"you... you found out?" jisung decided to ask. he was unknowingly holding his breath, hoping for jaemin to shake his head and say it was a joke.

but his hopes were crushed when the brown haired male only shook his head, still looking down towards the bed he was sitting on.

a sigh escaped from the light blue haired male as he put a hand on his friend's shoulder and let it rest there. "how? since when?"

the bombardment of jisung's questions caught jaemin off guard, but he also expected that to happen when he would mention it.

there wasn't anyone who told him. the brown haired male just kind of figured it out on his own. ever since the summer started, jaemin realized that his brown haired buddy was being more obvious than anyone had actually realized.

at the end of the year festival that the twenty one boys attended, jaemin would see the other brown haired boy stealing small glances towards the chinese, who was with sicheng and kun on the other side of their large friend group. the kind of gaze that jeno had in his eyes were something that jaemin recognized.

because that was the way he looked at the brown haired male.

the day that the twenty one of them met at limitless to play truth or dare, jaemin saw some signs there as well. the way jeno had rushed over to sit next to renjun as soon as the two of them arrived together, how the brown haired male had held onto the shorter's ankle when he was planning to switch spots with johnny to sit next to mark, and even how jeno continued to steal small glances towards the chinese whenever he could get a chance.

ever since he saw these signs, jaemin had a hunch that his crush liked his third roommate, and he began to keep watch of any signs of confirmation. at first, there was nothing: no overly obvious sign that jeno likes renjun, no secret action of his that gave it all away, nothing. for a solid week, jaemin caught nothing.

but suddenly, the brown haired male was able to see something in jeno's eyes the day he walked in on his two roommates kissing, accidentally. when renjun had frantically pulled away and began explaining things to jaemin, the brown haired male saw the disappointment in the taller's face, seeing it slightly droop. at the time, jaemin thought it was only because renjun started spitting out words to try and explain while talking with celerity, annoying jeno.