6 | TELLING (part 1)

three days have passed since jaemin and jeno talked things out, and three days have passed since renjun had cried in front of yuta and sicheng. a full seventy-two hours, and although things may seem like they haven't changed at all, one thing was off.

renjun had become slightly distant from the two brown haired boys, also known as his roommates and his best friends. no, he wasn't avoiding them; he still talked to them and stayed with them in the shared dorm room between the three, but his mind usually seemed to be off somewhere else when holding a conversation with any of his friends, specifically jeno and jaemin. not to mention that the red haired chinese male seemed to be more quiet than usual, not bothering to roast someone or become savage like he usually does on a daily basis to his friends.

it was strange for everyone to see this side of renjun, the renjun who was unfocused and distracted a lot with his own internal conflicts interfering with his usual personality. though they weren't necessarily complaining (even they, too, deserve a break from all the teasing and taunting from the chinese male), this side of the chinese male made everyone worried and concerned, and it made it worse that they didn't know what was going on with the red haired male as well.

"what's going on with renjun?" jisung asked chenle as his boyfriend finished packing up the rest of his bags. the light brown haired male had his departure to china in a couple days, and jisung was planning to send him off, with everyone else accompanying as well.

"i don't know. according to jaemin's words, renjun hyung started being like that once he came back after jaemin and jeno had a talk," the chinese male replied to his roommate, zipping up the second suitcase that he had finished looking through. "maybe it had something to do with that?"

the light blue haired male just gave a shrug and got up from his spot on the bed, making his way over to chenle and giving him a back hug. "i will miss you a lot."

that caused a chuckle to escape from the shorter male's mouth. "i leave in two days. and it's only going to be a month."

"don't make it sound like you won't miss me as well..."

chenle just shook his head at his boyfriend's pouty face,  sticking his bottom lip out slightly and having puppy dog eyes. as if those have ever worked on chenle. that was a lie. the puppy dog eyes and pouty lips always worked on the chinese male. "of course i'm going to miss you. but i still have two days-"

"zhong chenle!" a voice was suddenly heard from outside the dorm room of the two boys, obnoxiously loud and furious knocking following after the chinese male's name. the two boys inside the room let out a verbal sigh, loud enough for them to hear but quiet enough to be inaudible to the person outside. not like he would be able to hear over his loud knocking and screaming anyway.

chenle and jisung knew exactly who was at the door the moment they heard the voice from the person outside. making his way over to the door, jisung took a hold of the doorknob and twisted it to reveal an out of breath and slightly sweaty jeno, who seemed as if he had just ran a marathon when really, he had just screamed and continuously banged on the dorm room of the two boyfriends.

"oh... jisung," the brown haired male's voice died down once the door revealed someone he didn't plan to see. yes, he was aware of jisung and chenle sharing a room, obviously, but he didn't think that the blue haired male would be present in the room at that exact moment.

"where's chenle?"

"packing up the rest of his stuff," the light blue haired male said, gesturing his head towards a part of the room where chenle was now taking a last look through his closet. hearing his name being mentioned again, the chinese male stopped what he was doing and made his way over to his boyfriend's side, seeing jeno at the door.