23 | GIVING UP

"dang. how much drama did i miss, exactly?" chenle asked jaemin and jisung after eavesdropping on the conversation the two were having on the light blue haired boy's bed. the chinese male had just came out of the shower, and jaemin happened to come to his and jisung's room around the time the chinese male left the shower. as he was drying himself and getting dressed, he was able to hear about the brown haired boy's complaints to jisung.

"a whole summer of it," his boyfriend answered before rolling his eyes and letting out a sigh. "this is the mess you left me with."

the shorter male just chuckled at his roommate's whine. he made his way over to the other's bed, gave his boyfriend a kiss on the forehead, and took a seat next to the light blue haired male on his bed. chenle then faced jeno and showed a small smile, still drying his hair with a small towel and slightly staining it with a light shade of brown as his colored hair was fading more and more.

"then i'm ready to hear all about it."

so, the next half hour was spent with jaemin giving chenle a crash course lesson on his love life and all the drama that occurred over the summer. the main point of it all was the fact that the brown haired boy found about his feelings for both of his best friends, and even as of now, he still had no idea as to what form of action to take with it.

the entire summer was mainly filled with jaemin's insecure thoughts. majority of the time, it was spent thinking about how perfect his two roommates would be if they were actually dating, not to mention that the chinese and the other brown haired male looked good together as well. the picture that sicheng had taken on the day chenle left for china was the same day jaemin had first realized that, and it didn't help that every time he saw the two after that point, it seemed as if it became increasingly more believable.

and the brown haired male couldn't do anything about it. he couldn't interfere, he couldn't confess, and he couldn't bear to ruin the possible relationship that could form between his two friends.

"it just hurts... knowing that they're so perfect for each other. the feeling of being left out is overwhelming, and i can't control it. i don't know what to do."

the one thing that brought jaemin to talk to jisung and chenle at this moment was the event that happened about five hours earlier that day, when jeno and renjun fell on the floor and landed in a suggestive pose, one of which the brown haired male pretended to be oblivious about occurring but clearly knew how the two had landed. it was now about six - nearly seven -  in the evening, and the entire afternoon was spent with jaemin feeling insecure and wanting to give up because of his roommates.

it wasn't the fact that they had fallen onto the ground together, but it was the idea that jaemin knew exactly the way they were looking at each other whilst on the ground - eyes full of admiration and adoration.

listening carefully to their friend's concern, jisung and chenle took a moment to take everything in. jisung had been there in the midst of all the drama, but it was as if he was hearing everything for the first time. maybe it was because jeno and renjun had talked to him about their feelings more than jaemin had whenever they would meet with the light blue haired male. it was only a few times over the summer where the brown haired male in front of him would seek for advice from jisung, compared to jeno and renjun's nearly weekly meeting with the said male to discuss their issues.

and they were said to be reserved people. but that could possibly be the exact reason as to why they were becoming more open about their feelings now.

"i mean... do you know if jeno or renjun ge like you back?" chenle asked. he was aware of the older chinese having feelings for his brown haired friend, but he didn't know about jeno other than the fact that he likes the red haired male. he also wasn't aware that all three of them like each other and still thought that their crushes were one-sided. hearing about jaemin liking both of his roommates was the first time he had heard of this, and he would have to remind himself to hit jisung later for not telling him about any of this.