Face it or Run away from it

Happy New Year, (I know, I'm too late, but just take the greetings, please) dear readers! Looking forward to 2021!

It was a warm night in New York, around 8:45 PM, the Avengers tower was alive with lights, music-blaring speakers, the many footsteps of ex-SHEILD‍ agents, the one and only Tony Stark, singing Unbreak my heart by Toni Braxton. Thor and Clint Barton were having a beer competition, in which Thor was winning and Clint was only loosing his balance and often climbing up the bar counter and performing rather entertaining dances, getting money thrown at him. Bruce was sitting with Dr Cho, Rhodey and Maria, completely in denial about Clint and Tony doing the salsa on the stage.

At the bar counter, was a tall, blonde man, who was looking forlorn, wishing the company of one Natasha Romanoff. Steve Rogers, was hopelessly and completely in love with the redhead on his mind.

Meanwhile, Natasha Romanoff was in her room, many rooms away from the party, completing the HYDRA-Von Strucker report. She had refused point blank to come as last time she did, Tony had shown the entire party a very rare video of her dressed as Princess Leia, playing beer pong with Clint, and also throwing up on Clint's T-shirt.

'Fury, what did I ever do to you, that caused you to hate me this much and forced me to write a long-ass report?' Natasha groaned, her fingers aching due to 3 hours worth of typing.

I am going to leave him a very sweet message about where he should go next for his vacation, and it involves someone's ass.

She closed her laptop, cracked her knuckles and stretched her neck.

Someone knocked on her door.
'Come in,'

Please be Steve. Please be Steve.

'Hey Nat,' Maria said, closing the door behind her.

She's alright. But I want my fossil--what?

'Since when is work more interesting than a party where Tony is now trying to do the worm, in reality, humping the ground?'

Natasha chuckled lightly.
'Eh,' she answered casually. 'I have many videos of him doing that. Beside after what happened during Steve's birthday, with him showing that--' she gulped in fear. 'Star Wars-- video of mine, I no longer have the desire to go to any Stark parties.'

'Alright, Leia,' she quipped. 'Get out there, first, shave the Chewbacca down there.' She pointed at Natasha's "regions".

That bitch had the nerve to--

'Get the hell out of here,' Natasha yelled, slightly embarrassed. 'I'll be there in 15 minutes. But if Tony shows another one of my videos, I'll show the whole crowd that tape of you auditioning for Princess Diaries.'

'Don't you dare,' Maria said, getting up from the bed. 'Also, your non-brother Luke, is really missing you there, so, dress kinda sexy.' Maria hastily opened the door and dashed out.

What the f*ck? Did she know--

Natasha jumped at her, but Maria disappeared.

'Damn it,' she cursed.

After 10 minutes of scattering all her clothes around, messing with her makeup, cutting herself multiple times while trying to shave her legs, and what Maria called her "regions", Chewbacca, she finally had chosen a red dress, which went a little above her knees and a pair of gold earrings. She let her hair down in waves as she was too lazy to do anything to it. She finished it off with a coat of red lipstick, red high heels, and a rose gold watch on her left wrist.