The Best News

*A Day before*

'I don't know if she will say yes,' sighed Steve, prancing around his room, muttering to his reflection. He and his partner in everything, Natasha Romanoff, had been together for nearly two years, and he was going to ask the question today. The question which would change their lives.

'I don't know if he will be happy, whispered Natasha. She was inside the bathroom, of their room, hiding from Steve, clutching an answer, crying with tears of mixed reasons. An answer that will change their lives.

*Christmas Eve, Natasha's birthday*

'A toast, to us! The Avengers and/or people who have to deal with me!', yelled Tony Stark, hosting a lavish Christmas Eve party at his tower. Everyone laughed and drank their champagnes, except Natasha, who just scrunched up her nose in disgust and drank her eggnog. Morgan and Wanda, due to being underage, were also having an eggnog.

'Nat, you never drink eggnog when there is any alcohol', he stated, standing up from his seat, examining her suspiciously. They had once seen her gulp an entire bottle of vodka and break the bottle over Clint's head, during another Stark party. Clint also had realised this and looked over to Natasha. 'Why, did you suddenly hate alcohol?' Pepper grabbed him by his arm, pushing him onto his seat, shaking her head. Vision just kept glancing at Steve, who was patting his jean's pocket, muttering something, which sounded abnormally like, "she will, she will".

'I don't know', she retorted, irritated. 'I just now hate the smell and taste. Everytime I try to smell alcohol, I throw up for 10 minutes straight. Hence the good reason why we were late.' She threw a rather nasty look at Steve, who only shot her a questioning look, and then turned his head back to face Tony.

'Exactly', Steve said, in a poisonously sweet tone. 'That very good- he glared at her, Natasha rolled her eyes- reason and that reason only. Not the fact that you locked yourself in the bathroom for two hours, and avoiding me from our own home to here.'

A very tense silence followed. Vision cleared his throat. Everyone turned to look at him.

'You two need to explain many things', said Vision quietly, scanning both of them figuratively. 'I sense worry and overwhelming from both Ms Romanoff and Mr Rogers.'

Both of them panicked, deciding mentally that they could no longer cover up, turned to the other.

'I have something to ask you', Steve gushed.
'I have something to tell you', Natasha yelped.

Both of them looked frightened at the other's announcement.

'Huh?', Bruce questioned. 'What the hell?'

Steve got on one knee, showing her the ring in the box. Natasha pulled out her positive pregnancy test and held it out.

'Natalia Alianovna Romanoff, will you marry me-WHAT!?!?'
'Steven Grant Rogers, I am pregnant with your child-HUH?!?!'

'... The f*ck', Tony said. Pepper frowned at him, but had her hand clapped on her wide mouth in shock, along with Morgan, who tilted her head curiously, mirroring her father's expressions.

'Uhh.. WHAT!', Thor let out.

'I thought... you..' Clint said, close to tears.

'...........?', Everyone thought.

'... you're...', Wanda broke the awkward silence.

'What should we say?', Sam finally spoke everyone's mind.

'We uhh.... are going.. to......be a family, I guess?' Natasha said, confused but happy, happy to be raising her miraculous child with the love of her life and be able to call him her husband.

'CLEAR THE DAMN TABLE AND CELEBRATE!! OUR PARENTS ARE FINALLY GETTING MARRIED AND A BABY ROGERS OR ROMANOFF'S ON THE WAY!', Sam yelled out, seizing every champagne glass he could. Tony somehow, under 5 minutes, managed to play Here comes the Bride from the speakers all over the tower and set off fireworks all over New York, and and a jet, writing the words on the night sky, "WE ARE BLESSED WITH THE GIFT OF THE CENTURY! SUCK IT, IDIOTS!"

'We are going to get a very nasty message from the Sanitation Department, Tony', Natasha joked, holding her now fiancé's hand, staring at the message on the sky from the windows. Everyone was screaming at the top of their lungs, "WE DID IT, WE DID IT!"

'NO, NO!', Thor replied shrewdly at the slightly tipsy crowd, including Pepper, who was trying to snatch the candies from the candy dish Morgan was trying to steal. 'they did it'. He smirked at his own joke.

'It's worth it, both of you. You are gifted with the best gift anyone could have. Trust me, when I had Morgan, it was the best day of my life.', he said, gazing at Morgan, hugging her mom. Pepper smiled knowingly at the three.

'We know', Natasha said, tears pouring from her eyes. 'I never thought I could have a family when I first came here. But now, I think I might be the most luckiest person alive to have you guys.' She sobbed into Steve's shoulder.

'Neither did I, but then I met you', Steve said solemnly, also crying, patting her back, looking out the sky. 'Then everything was perfect.'

'This is The Best News I have ever gotten, especially on my birthday.', Natasha said.
'Mine too, I can't wait to see our new life play out', Steve replied.