Trust

Warning: Some of the content might trigger sensitive viewers. It is slightly vague, and almost all of it are in the movies. But it is there, so feel free to just skip wherever you see this: **

'I owe you,'

'It's okay,'

'If it was the other way around and it was down to me to save your life, and now you be honest with me,' she said acutely, looking deep into Steve's blue eyes. 'Would you trust me to do it?'

She looked away, not being able to be brave enough to hear him.

Steve was sincere when he said the next words.

'I would now,' he replied, slightly nodding. 'And I am always honest.'

She found the courage to look at him. A short, rare smile appeared on her face.

Her stomach was rumbling

Her stomach was rumbling. Perhaps it was just hunger.

Steve heart was thumping, threatening to burst out of him. He played it off by offering a short smile to cover him up.

'Well,' she said, with a lopsided smile. 'You do seem pretty chipper for someone who just found out they died for nothing.'

'Well,' he responded, shifting backwards on his place. 'Guess I just like to know who I'm fighting.'

Natasha smiled even wider.

There was a silence between the two. Not an awkward, dense, tranquility. A peaceful, warm bliss.

Both if them, basking in their feelings for one another, their gazes, focusing hard on ther other's image.

Natasha bit her lower lip. Steve caught this action and couldn't help but stare at her, his gaze dropping to her lips, his toes curling in need. He was now smiling at her with, love.

Natasha scrutinised his stare. She felt, for the first time, what it felt like to be loved and appreciated, with all she had learned from the Red Room. Even her conscious reminded her.

'Наталья, тебя никто никогда не полюбит. Вы никогда не найдете достаточно наивного человека, чтобы любить вас.' ['No one will ever love you Natalia. You will never find anyone naïve enough to love you.']

**

'Тот человек? Пожалуйста. Он не заслуживает такого грязного монстра, как ты. Вы чудовище. Тебе не должно быть даже в живых. Клинт должен был убить тебя.' [ 'That man? Please. He doesn't deserve a filthy monster like you. You are a monster. You shouldn't even be alive. Clint should have killed you.']

Steve is too good for you.

He shouldn't be with a person who's this tainted.

**