Love is not for Monsters

Post Avengers: Age of Ultron and Pre- Captain America: Civil war

A/N: It is the two sides (  Don't worry, it's not a one-sided relationship ) of the same love. Spoiler alert: It's a not exactly happy ending but they will get together.

Steve's POV:

Did you have to go, Natasha. Did you? What did I ever do to you? Is it because our love scared you? Scared you to run from something you know you can't hide from. God, I love you so much, it sometimes hurts me, but you leaving me kills me. When I came to this world, I had nobody to hold me. Nobody to tell me that they will help me.
There was Peggy, but you and I have something Peggy and I could never have. There is something about you, other than your fierce, red hair, its sweet smell always makes feel complete,your hypnotic, bright emerald green eyes, your dainty, light brown freckles, scattered all over your face, which only makes you more captivating, your smooth, pale skin, like that of a porcelain doll; both beautiful yet very delicate. Your sweet yet firm and alluring voice, I could listen to all day and never be fed up. Your grace is that of a swan, poise as perfect as a rose, but your cunning will prick like the thorns.
Your agility and wit are beyond compare; you could take down the toughest of enemies with just your swift hands. But alas, there's no point of yearning anything when they will never be yours. If you're not with me, I see no reason why I should be here. I cannot let you go. You were there for me when I lost my own pieces. How could I never realised you were being shattered from the beginning?

Natasha's POV:

Why me, Steve? Why did you love someone you know will hurt you and is a monster? A cold-hearted bitch, an unlovable assassin, who deserves to die alone and brutally, with no one to hold her hand and by her side. When I first joined SHIELD, not even Clint managed to break my walls down; I only kept building them up higher and tougher.
But never realised, if I wanted to escape, I will fall down
and only harm me, not my heart. I cannot get over your golden blonde hair, shining under the light, the very same light I had build my walls to cover me from, and your beautiful azure, sincere, kind, heart-melting blue eyes, I could look at them forever and never want to look away from them, your perfect smile; god I wanted to almost kiss you on your adorable smile that very day.
Your sincerity in everyone, your command, your morals were everything I had once stood against for. But now, I stand by them, but it can't be by you.
My whole being doesn't deserve you, you don't deserve the demon, who has her ledger reddened by the blood of the
innocent, tainted by her builders, used to everyone's greediest desires. I can't give you a family. What's the point of loving someone if they can't give you what your heart yearns?

Steve's POV:

'Any signs?' Steve asked, watching the screens in the Avengers HQ, looking for any signs of his beloved.
'Negative. She's gone complete incognito ' said Maria Hill, looking completely indifferent, but her insides were being clawed with worry and horrifying thoughts.
'Please Nat, I can't let you go ' Steve whispered, tears leaving his blue eyes, down to his neck.

All of a sudden, a red dot and a beeping sound came from the screen.

'That's her! Suit up, now!' He commanded the entire room. They obeyed and were fully geared in no time.
'Oh no..' said Agent Johnson, pointing at the screen.

'What?' He looked at the screen. His eyes travelled to where Johnson had pointed. 'Oh my..'
'The Red Room sent the signal. They've got her.'

*Time skip: Natasha is safe, no one died, though Steve got stabbed a few times on the shoulder and leg, but he would recover very quickly due to his serum. In Steve's recovery room, Avengers HQ. Natasha avoided him throughout the fight, but when was stabbed too close to the heart, she ran and helped him up, taking him to the HQ, holding his hand*

'Why did you run?' Steve asked her, with hurt and slight anger behind his tearful eyes. 'Was it because you don-'

Natasha shook her head, also crying, cups his face with her right hand and kissed him

Natasha shook her head, also crying, cups his face with her right hand and kissed him. He kissed her back, slightly getting up and placing his left hand on her back and held her closer to him. He sniffed her red hair, smiling in the kiss.
'love is not for monsters, Steve' Natasha cried, placing her head against his chest. ' I can't give the family you want.' 'You are not a monster. You're a good person, and the light of my life. All I need is you by my side, and I want you to hold my hand' said Steve, looking at their intertwined hands.
'That I promise, but please never let go' said Natasha, nodding.

'I can't even bear to think about the day I will.' said Steve, kissing her forehead.