Revealing Yourself (3/3)

Remember in "first time for everything", Steve said that he was going to take her to the same place, where they had seen each other naked? Well, here's that story. Also, wanted to write something funny, instead of angst-y and sad, like my last story.

A normal day, well, for the 7 fugitives, hiding in a dumpy, small cottage, away from any human civilisation, with absolutely no signals, so, the leisure was very low. But something would happen that would change that. Something a bit . . . personal.

One hot afternoon, only 3 days after the 7 had reunited in that cottage, 5 of the people had gone outside, checking for any intruders, and also protecting Wanda. She looked cross and whenever neither of them were looking, she would stick out her middle finger, waving it behind their ears.

2 of them were in the cottage, maintaining the place, even though it had zero effect.

'Hey Steve,' Natasha called from the kitchen, where she was cleaning the aisle. 'I will just take a few and relax. Check on those idiots and make sure none of them have screwed up.'

She heard a soft laugh. She felt many things in her stomach doing a weird action. Something like . . . fluttering butterflies?

She entered the living room, or as Sam liked to call it, "literal garbage hell". Steve was lying on the couch, scratching his head absentmindedly. She had to fight the urge to smile at this adorable sight.

'Take your break,' he said courteously, getting up and heading to the kitchen. 'And I will check up on our friends.'

'Ah,' she said jokingly, picking up a towel. 'What a gentleman. Ladies must have been begging you to dance with them.'

Steve smiled but then it faded away slightly.

'Not at all,' he said sadly. 'Women weren't exactly lining up to dance with a guy they might step on.'
He felt another pang in his heart, remembering the last time he had said the exact same thing to someone, he loved. His jaw clenched very tightly. His smile had disappeared like it had been wiped clean.

Natasha saw his face and put two and two together. Her smile had also completely faded.

 Her smile had also completely faded