detention.

{rewriting}

"Clover, wake up."

I awoke to the sound of Cathy's voice, she already had her uniform on and her hair was in a bun. She was standing at the end of my bed, pacing around the room weirdly. She pulled off my blanket, making me jump from the bed.

"You're going to be later for class! Quick get dressed," she shouted. I got out of bed and picked up the clothes she had left out neatly for me. Cathy left the room and ran through the corridors, she did not want to be late.

I quickly pulled on my clothes then checked my timetable. I had potions class with Professor Snape, I didn't know a thing about potions and found myself chewing my lip nervously. He'll let me off if I'm late, right? It's my first lesson after all.

𝖨 picked up my stuff and wandered through the silent common room. There was no one there. I'm going to be late. I had been given a map so I kind of knew where I was going. But, the corridors are endless, I wonder how I'll find my way, even with a map.

There were no students in any of the corridors, just ghosts and paintings staring me down. As I looked into each classroom, I could see students filling each room. This was bad, really bad.

I ran down the stairs, reaching the dungeons. It was unlit and eerie. Suddenly a green light flashed above me and I took a sharp breath. Then I saw the classroom. I peeked around the wall, looking in and every seat was filled but one, right next to the worst person in the class. I stepped back against the stone wall. "Fuck!"

None of the students had seen me yet so I attempted to come up with a plan. Nothing came to mind, not a single idea.

I came towards the entrance of the class. Blaise, Timothy and the elites were in there. A few others too.

The man who was standing at the door of the class examined me with the darkest look I had ever been given. He had long, greasy hair and was wearing completely black clothes. As he turned, his hair flicked over his face and as he moved it all off his face, an abundance of grease was left on his forehead.

The rest of the class also stared at me. I felt sick to the stomach. This is so embarrassing. "I'm sorry I'm late, Sir," I mumbled looking down at the ground as if it was my best friend. I wouldn't dare to look at the other students who were giving me strange looks. Timothy seemed worried for me.

"Detention!" He spat, darting around the class. Some people snorted, including Pansy and Draco.

"But-"

"No buts! Sit there, next to Riddle." He sneered. Mattheo was glimpsing at me in a demeaning manner. He was sitting in the back corner of the classroom, far from the other students.

"Go on!" Snape shouted. I walked over to the spare seat and sat on it, not even looking at Mattheo.

"First lesson detention, pretty good start," he said. I looked at him, he was laying back in the chair, a smirk plastered on his face.

"Snape gave me a detention for today too, guess we're detention buddies, darling." He leaned further back in his chair as he spoke, his legs widening. Snape had begun to speak again, his voice was so boring, I couldn't bear to listen.

"Don't talk to me Riddle," I said bitterly.

"Don't use that tone with me. I could kill you right now."

"Well, you would've killed me by now if you wanted me dead."

"That's the best part! You've been told about our little game right? I'm quite excited to play it with you."

"Why's that?"

"I guess you're different to the other mudbloods. They never put up a fight, they just let it happen. You fight back. It's cute," he said, the smirk on his face growing by the second.