failed plan.

The common room was silent and I don't think Mattheo suspected anything.

Everyone else was at lunch so I knew this would be the perfect time to steal the diary. If only I knew the password to that cabinet of his . . . I could guess.

The door of his room had been left slightly open . . . luckily. I went in to hear his radio playing some random classical music and it was weird being in there on my own.

I guess I was on a mission, if you can call it that.

I went straight over to the cabinet and stared at it, at first I tried to open it. That didn't work.

Well obviously, he wouldn't make it that easy.

I got out my wand and tried 'alohomora'. The lock moved slightly but didn't open. I continued to stare at the tiny padlock, maybe it needed a key? But if he was smart then he'd keep the key on him.

Maybe there's a spare one.

I began to look under the bed and in the covers, under the pillows. Nothing.

I went to his clothes cabinets. I looked through every nook and cranny. Pockets, back pockets, everything. I finally got to the bottom draw which contained his underwear. I was really embarrassed, looking through it and found a few condoms in the corner of the cabinet. Why did I do this to myself?

I finally got to the bottom of the pile of boxers and found a tiny key, a silvery one that seemed to have never been touched. I fiddled with it in my hand, closing the drawers so it looked like I was never there.

I stepped over to the cabinet and placed the key in the lock, it clicked as I turned it. I sighed, thankful that that was over.

I grabbed the diary and put it in my inside robe pocket. I walked out the room, making sure he wasn't coming back then strolled out. Trying to look like I hadn't done anything, a boy came past me and gave me a weird look as if I'd done something wrong. Well, I was in the male dorm corridors.

I shot him back a weird look and carried on walking, until I got to the common room. My friends were sat there and I told them all to follow me to my room.

They nodded and stuck behind me as I unlocked me and Cathy's dorm room. We all sat down beside the bed, my unopened presents just by it.

"Why we in here?" Blaise questioned. I pulled out the diary and they all gathered around me. I flicked open the first page, 'property of Mattheo Marvolo Riddle'

"Now, how the fuck did you get that?" Timmy glared at it as if it wasn't real.

"Spare key hidden in the underwear drawer." I flicked to the next page.

"So you were rummaging through Riddle's underwear?" Catherine was completely shocked.

"Mhm." I nodded and Timmy gave a weird look as he looked at the first paragraph.

"I don't see any writing?"

"I do." I said, "That's weird. Well I'll start reading anyway,

"SEPTEMBER 30th, holy fuck that was ages ago. Dear Diary, I need an exciting name for this diary. I can't think of anything. Hmm, what's a nice name. Should I make you a girl or a boy. Let's call you something generic, Bob. That's a plain name, pretty mugglish. Is that a word? I'm getting off track sorry Bob." I laughed at how unlike Mattheo this already was. So when he said 'he had to go see his friend Bob' it was his diary. Maybe there's something about me in here...

"Are you sure that's his diary?" Blaise smirked, continuing to look at the book although he couldn't see anything there.

"I'm positive." I chuckled, "Lets get started, firstly, my name is Mattheo Riddle. My father is Tom Marvolo Riddle who is commonly known as Lord Voldemort. I am the next Riddle, the next Dark Lord. I have recently turned 16 and I attend Hogwarts. I am a slytherin, obviously."