dear diary.

SEPTEMBER 30th

Dear Diary,

I need an exciting name for this diary. I can't think of anything. Hmm, what's a nice name. Should I make you a girl or a boy? Let's call you something generic, Bob. That's a plain name, pretty mugglish. Is that a word? I'm getting off track sorry Bob.

Let's get started, firstly, my name is Mattheo Riddle. My father is Tom Marvolo Riddle who is commonly known as Lord Voldemort. I am the next Riddle, the next Dark Lord. I have recently turned 16 and I attend Hogwarts. I am a Slytherin, obviously.

At the moment, it's 8 pm and I'm sat in the Slytherin common room with Draco. He keeps peering over to look at what I'm writing, he can't see anything obviously. I put a charm on this diary so that only I can read it, so if anyone other than myself is reading this please stop. Or tell me so I can fix the charm, I hate when I get charms wrong. This is private you know, I absolutely despise people who invade my privacy.

I'm pretty new to this, so I'm just going to what my father told me to do. He gave me you as a present for my 16th birthday, you see, he told me it used to be his. I feel like this will be a nice place to write about everything that goes on this year at school.

This is a unique diary, a diary where memories were locked in, where you could go through the past just from writing. How amazing is that?!

Anyways, today was my first day back at school. Dumbledore wanted us to come later for no specific reason, we normally come to school on the 1st of September.

Nothing interesting really happened today. Father taught me to apparate so that I could get to the train easily, doing it the first time made me feel very sick but it was exciting.

I met Draco and Pansy on the train in a small compartment. The usual compartment, we have like our own one. We kick people out if others go in there.

Draco told me there was a new girl, Clover Diggory.. They didn't know much about her so I wanted to try using leglimency on her. We also spoke about who we should torment next, who we should play our game with. Draco kept telling us we should play with Hermione Granger so I went to find her.

I began to walk through the train and bumped into a girl I had never seen before. She looked different from the other girls, less...I can't find the words. She just looked different...I suppose. I never really speak to girls as most of the time they flirt with me or are terrified of me. Pansy sometimes speaks to me but I can tell she is scared.

I used a bit of leglimency on Diggory, just to find out who she was. I figured she was an obliviated supposed Mudblood, who was adopted by the Diggory's, another irritating muggle-born who could be a perfect victim.

She talked back to me and flipped me off which was peculiar, I found it quite cute actually as it was the first time anyone had talked back to me so it was a surprise. I believe I taught her a lesson and once I found out about her I told the others, they thought she would be great for the game.

We went to her compartment and she was obviously with the not so elites. I pointed her out so the others could know who she was and I quite enjoyed her reaction. She closed the compartment curtain on Draco which was amusing.

Draco and Pansy began to talk about her, I wasn't really paying attention, I was just waiting for the train to stop so I could speak to her again. Why did I want to speak to her? I'm not too sure to be honest, for the game?

We met her outside the train, with her little friends. She tried to act all brave and confident, but deep down I knew she was scared. I decided against using leglimency, I don't really know why, I just felt like it would be better.