i love you.

"I love you, Mattheo

"I love you, Mattheo."

Those words made the entire world stop. I suddenly widened my eyes as I realised what I had just said. I felt embarrassed, angry with myself, confused but relieved. Satisfied that I had let out the feelings I knew were there, the feelings I had been neglecting since that day at the ball. However, I felt somewhat embarrassed at how sudden I had let it escape my mouth. His mouth opened wide in shock, his eyes softened and his posture became crooked as he neared my face.

"What?" His eyebrows threaded together in an instant as his hand found my cheek, harshly pulling me towards him, "You love me?"

"Yes! I fucking love you, Mattheo!" I exclaimed and everyone sat on the sofa shared various looks, some bad some good.

Mattheo's lips pressed together and he sought my eyes anxiously as if he was trying to find something to say. I felt my mind flood with countless number of emotions that were surging through me. Of course, I wanted him to say 'I love you' back, I needed him to say it back, it was distressing how he wouldn't say anything. I just needed the sound of his voice, telling me that he felt the same powerful emotions towards me that were progressively becoming stronger.

"Talk to me, please," I begged and inclined into his hand which was still on my cheek. He took a profound, heavy breath and plucked me up bridal style, his hand around my thighs, gripping me tightly, transporting me down the dorm corridors. Xav continued to stare at us flirtily as we left and I smiled at him and did thumbs up which made Mattheo force a weird look. I leaned against his chest and we soon arrived in his dorm.

I stood by the door for a moment, admiring the beauty of his room. It felt pleasant being in here, maybe for the first time. Every time I came into his room was for a separate reason and this reason was thrilling yet remarkably nerve-racking.

Mattheo sat on the bed and I joined him, trying to find something to say.

"I want to fix everything that happened in the past." I finally spoke, climbing onto his lap and he held me in place, "I forgive you for everything that happened."

He stayed totally silent, still staring at me in a foreign, thoughtful manner. My palms were sweating and I wiped them on my lap as he tucked my hair behind my ear then dragged me so that my chest was touching his. His chest was perfectly warm, it provided me with hope for whatever he would say next.

"I love you too, Clover Ophelia Marquez. I love you more than you could ever imagine."

He pulled my hand against his chest and I could feel his heart racing against my hand. I suddenly realised how fast mine was pounding too.

I was shocked, my breaths became frayed as we stared at each other intently. We had just admitted our love to one another and I restlessly anticipated for him to make a move.

"Why do you love me?" He asked, his face drained of emotion but his eyes soft and warm.

"What kind of question is that?" I smiled a bit and he groaned, looking away as if he had said something wrong. I turned him back around to face me with both my hands on either side of his face.