truth or dare.

"Now tell me, darling," I began, watching as his jaw tightened and my fingers made walking patterns down his clothed chest. "Where the fuck have you been and why did you lie to me?"

Mattheo wavered for a moment as my hands reached the top of his trousers, then moved back up to the collar of his shirt, yanking him towards me.

"Why so many questions? I was enjoying myself in there."

"What, being a creep? Watching everyone else dance because you don't have a date? I wouldn't call that enjoying yourself."

His gaze darkened and his hands found my neck, loosely gripping it as he frowned. "I don't remember you being such a bitch."

Scoffing, I placed my hands just above his and looked him dead in the eye. I felt his fingers twitch as I put one of my hands against his mask and brushed my forefinger on the material just below his eye.

"I'm sorry," I said, and he raised a questioning brow.

"Sorry?" His thumb slid over my cheekbone and I chewed on my bottom lip.

"You were keeping my bro-"

"You two," my words were interrupted by a boy who was walking over. He looked recognizable, but I couldn't quite figure who he was. "Either get back in the ballroom or go to the common rooms, no mingling in the corridors."

"I'm a prefect," Mattheo cockily grinned and the boy's eyes narrowed as his hand brushed through his hair.

"Right. Riddle?" He chuckled. "Got another girl to fuck around with?"

My mouth opened in shock and I edged towards him but Mattheo dug his fingers into my hip, pulling me back.

"Diggory?"

"Cedric? You're still here?-"

"Clover?" Cedric's cheeks flushed, and he took an immediate step back. "I work here." He scratched the back of his neck and took a double-take at the two of us. "What the fuck?"

"Merlin, just fuck off, Diggory," Mattheo was now holding me against him, his hands still against my hips. I kept my eyes on Cedric and wondered what he meant by 'another girl to fuck around with'.

Cedric stood there, still and startled. He had taken off his mask and gradually shuffled away. He shot me a worried look, and I smiled, affirming that I was okay.

He turned and strode back into the ballroom, his hands shakily fastening the ribbon behind his head.

I abruptly noticed Mattheo's warm breaths on the back of my neck as I watched Cedric disappear into the ballroom.

"Don't say a word," his words hung in the air as I focused on his lips brushing against me.

"No," I came back to reality and pushed him away. "I have a date to go back to. Have fun being a creep!"

I hurried back into the ballroom, holding my dress up slightly so that I didn't trip. I didn't look back, hoping that maybe he would let me be, let me leave. And he did.

Timmy was standing with Blaise. The both of them were drinking firewhiskey while joking around.

"Hey," Timmy chirped and passed me a glass. "Who were you talking to?"

"Doesn't matter," I drank a bit of the firewhiskey. "Dance, anyone?"

"We're heading back. I heard there are people doing truth or dare in the common room. Sounds fun," Blaise suggested, and I thought about it for a moment, then nodded, following them out of the ballroom.

...

I joined the circle of Slytherin students in the common room, except for Luna, who was playing with Xav's hair.