betrayal.

The summer holidays came quicker than expected

The summer holidays came quicker than expected. I hadn't realised how fast the days had been going now that every moment was spent with my siblings and soulmate.

Draco invited me to a sleepover at Malfoy Manor. I accepted, hoping that it will strengthen our friendship. He's been nicer to me, weirdly, but I go along with it. I have a feeling that he's finding it hard to change his view on blood superiority. He still calls Hermione Granger a mudblood whenever he gets the chance. I feel bad for her and I give Draco a talking to whenever it happens.

I packed up all my things and walked down the stairs to the Slytherin common room. My brothers and Mattheo were already there waiting for me.

Xav had bugged me a lot about my and Theo's relationship. Especially after the whole 'listening' drama, he won't shut up about it. I'm glad he's accepting it though, so is Léon, but not as much as Xav.

"Here she comes," Xav huffed, a smirk playing at his lips. I sent him an irritable stare, and he playfully returned it, strolling towards me.

"Clover.." Mattheo caught my hand and wrapped his arm around me, his hand fiddling with the side of my dress, "I'll see you on Friday."

He gave me a soft kiss before edging away and leaving me with Xav, who was shooting me funny looks.

I pulled Mattheo back and gave him a long hug, dropping my head in the crook of his neck. He planted a kiss on my forehead and whispered, "Be careful, my love," he gestured to my necklace, "Don't take this off."

I pecked his cheek, then let him go. I watched him as he left the common room and walked up some stairs. Xav and Léon were seated on the sofa, chatting to each other. They stood up once Theo had left, and Xav helped carry my bag.

"Soo, summer holidays. What are we going to do?" Xav started as we left the common room and walked through the corridors.

"We haven't really explored Wiltshire. We could have a look around," Léon said, taking my hand and intertwining our fingers. I smiled and tightened my grip on his hand while toying with the silver ring on his fourth finger. I supposed it was an engagement ring.

"I won't be here next year," Léon explained, "I mean at Hogwarts. I just realised it's my last year, isn't it? What on earth am I supposed to do now?"

"You should get a job for starters," Xav opened the train door, so that we were able to enter, "Actually we're rich, aren't we? Scratch that then. Um - don't have kids please, I don't want to hear babies screaming in the middle of the night. Children are nightmares."

Léon rolled his eyes, and I snorted. We went inside a large compartment where my friends were already situated. Cathy seemed nervous, as she always does, and Timmy was making jokes with Blaise.

"Hello!" Timmy grinned, standing up exactly when he saw us, "Where's your boyfriend gone?"

"Somewhere," I sat next to him and Cathy, "I think he needed to find someone, probably Draco."