hot chocolates and some fixing

New volunteered to boil water from the teapot for those who would opt to drink tea, while Tay's mom started to medium heat milk and melt unsweetened tableas in a saucepan. She later instructs New to help in the whisking to bring in the frothy effect, while she starts to toast some pinipig (pounded rice flakes) and chopped nuts. New was enjoying the free kitchen lesson.

So, New, do you like hot chocolates?

Yes Tita, I am not a coffee-person.

Tay loves hot chocolate drinks too and he likes his tableas more with coconut milk, chopped almonds, cinnamon and cayenne pepper.

Woah, coconut milk and cayenne pepper?

Yeah, more than using the usual fresh milk, he prefers coconut milk. Well, the cayenne pepper is for some kick of spice. I'm pretty sure you know he loves spicy food?

Uhmm, yes Tita, that's for certain.

New started to fill up the mugs with the hot chocolate while Tay's mother sprinkled the toppings to finish it off.

And do you know what they say about chocolates, New?

Uhhmmm... New tries to think of possible answers.

They say, chocolates can fix everything. And maybe... just maybe... Tay just found his chocolate. She utters these words and hands New a mug of the chocolate drink.

And maybe... I think I found my chocolate too, New takes the drink and reflects back a smile that sends Tay's mother a feeling of sincerity.