the sun meets the moon

They spent the two days checking out the usual tourist spots. Aside from the warmth of the locals, Sagada had many geologic features and activities to offer. Tay and New were also so excited to finally try out the famous lemon pie and yoghurt place. As always, they had to make sure to try all the flavours so they insisted to the group that they take charge of ordering. The couples never bothered to complain since they know that both Tay and New won't stop pestering them. So far, that's how it's been since the start of the trip, Tay and New decide what restaurants to go to and what food to order. They also had to bear with the constant bickering whenever they can't agree on some things but overall, they actually found their actions cute.

They decided to spend their last night in a highland café. The couples agreed to go on separate nooks to have their private time. Tay and New chose the outer part of the café where they get a good view of the quite town. The stars appeared like fireworks in the black sky and the crescent moon comes like a soothing lullaby.

I like it here, New broke the silence, I like the simple life and the people.

Yeah, me too. Tay replied. Tay was still gazing at night sky when he threw a question. Ei New, the first time I saw you, I noticed right away the minimalist moon phases tattoo that you have on your side wrist. I've been meaning to ask you ever since what those mean to you.

Ahh, thought you would never ask, New blurted. I've always been a moon person. I grew up fascinated by the moon and believe it or not, I am always joined by the moon in all of my bad days. I even call it magic, it's like I am tied up to him. The tattoo showing the phases is like my life reminder; that life comes in chapters, of beginning and endings, and new beginnings again, of forming and breaking. Why do you look like you're going to laugh your lungs out Te? Are you laughing at me?

Haha, no I'm not. It's just.... just deep, Tay sent a faint laugh. Sorry, I'm not laughing at you. It's more like, how do I put it? I guess I was just surprised at what you said. I guess I am still not familiar with that side of you... you know, the serious side. But yeah, I like your moon metaphors.

Aha!! You found that funny huh? New's brows furrowed.

No! I'm being honest here. I actually am amazed.... aaand...

aaannnd...? New asked.

aaannnd.... did you know that my name means sun? Tay said shyly.

New's eyes widened, really? Like sun, "here comes the sun"? he sings.

Haha, yeah... sun like, "I'm walking on sunshine woah...", Tay sang a song too.

Woahhh!! New sang along. Wow, that is so cool! Which makes me further believe that...

Thaaat? Tay asked.

Thaaat...we were meant to meet each other, New's smile was so wide.

Tay felt his cheeks turning blushy red.

New started poking his fingers on Tay's sides, giving him tickles. You're blushing again Te, he continues the tickles. You liked what I said huh? The teasing continued.

Stop it already! Neewwww!!! Tay was laughing so hard.

Admit first that you're blushing and that you liked what I said... tickles...

Neewww!! Come one, stop now!!!

The tickling continues, you know I won't stop until you admit it...

Okay, okay, yes, I can feel my cheeks burning...

aaanndd... go on Te, say it out, New was laughing hard as well.

aaanndd yeah... I liked what you said, Tay was chuckling so hard he was nearly to tearing up.

They were laughing so hard until they noticed that the three couples were behind them watching in full enjoyment.

Fluke and Gun were sending puppy eyes. Aww, you two look sooo adorable, Gun said. Fluke was giggling.

Tsss, why did you stop? Off teased, go on you two, we are actually loving what we see.

Boun was wrapping his arms on Prem and was whistling again, hah! I love how cupid's arrows work.

Tay and New looked at them and just smiled back. They didn't try to argue back, they just smiled.