where do happy hearts go

Their first agenda was to go directly to Kiltepan View to witness the sunrise and the famous sea of clouds. They arrived just as the skies were turning into lighter gray and little shades of orange and red start to be visible. When the movie "That Thing Called Fate" made a big hit, many tourists started flocking the province. Tourism in Sagada became so huge that sometimes, the spots became too crowded. The group are perfectly in luck because surprisingly, they were the only tourists on sight. Or maybe, just maybe, fate was on their side.

It was freezing cold. Tay and New were wearing oversized sweaters of the same design but just different shades, New had purple, while Tay had yellow. They had similar beanies and knitted gloves.

Friends wearing what appears like a couple thing, Ohm chuckled. P'Ohm, stop teasing, Fluke whispered, they'll get uncomfortable again.

Ohh okay babe, they just look so cute together. He stares at Fluke, and touched his nose, but not as cute and adorable as you, babe. P'Ohhhmmmmm, stop it, you're making me blush again, Fluke replied blushing.

Off and Gun were silently watching the couples and the bestfriends with much delight. Off was standing at the back of Gun, then wraps his arms around Gun's waist and gave him a quick peck on the cheek, I love you Baby, and I am happy to be spending this day and everyday with you. Gun tilted his head to look at Off and returned a kiss, I love you too Papii, so very much.

Boun and Prem were in their usual playful selves. Running circles, doing selfies, and taking turns to take photos of each other.

Tay and New sat below a tree as they wait for sunrise. I've always wanted to go this place, like it's part of my long-time bucket list. But since the time I relocated, I don't know why I never took the chance to come here, Tay said.

New looked at him with a smirk, maybe this trip is meant to be shared with me?

Yeah, maybe, Tay smiled. Did you watch that movie, "That thing called fate"?

Yes, I did. I actually loved that movie, New replied. What's that song again? Ahh, "where do broken hearts go?"

Yeah, that song, Tay nodded. Since then, the joke goes that broken-hearted people should come here, and hopefully, leave the place with renewed hearts.

New gave out a silent laugh. Well, maybe to others, but not for me.

Tay projected a somewhat wondering look.

New smiled again and was staring at the horizon. I mean, it says where do broken hearts go right? I say, my heart did not come here because I am broken hearted. He turned his gaze back to Tay and stared at his eyes, I came here because my heart is happy, my heart feels full.

Tay felt his heart jump. He was returning the gaze of New as he tried to catch a deep breath, hmmmm, th...aaat's great to know, he let out a deep breath again, I am happy to hear that.

The sun is slowly showing itself. Amazingly, the sea of clouds started to part as sunrise greeted the morning like an outstretched of ribbons radiating different hues of mellow yellows, blurry blues, and glowing copper. Leaves of the nearby trees were slow dancing with the gentle blow of the cold wind. Sparrows graced the morning with their happy chirping as if celebrating the new day. Everything around just felt comforting, like a soul finally finding its home.