not a love date, just dinner with a new friend

It's been a couple of days since New's arrival and since then, he's been constantly sending Tay good morning and good night greetings. Tay finds it weird but nonetheless, he would reply back with a good morning and good night messages as well. Tay thought he needed to reply back as it may cause the other to feel bad. He thought further, since he still does not have a support system in this new place, he is somewhat his responsibility.

Hello PTay! Thank God it's Friday tomorrow! Hope you had a great day today.

Hello there Coach! Yeah, not a bad Thursday for me and yes, thank God it's Friday tomorrow. So, how was your day?

The usual actually. I'm still in my lazy mode. I don't know if it's all part of the moving on process. I just felt so restless when I got here. I don't even worry that I am still jobless.

That's alright. It's been only what, two weeks since you got here? So, you need not be in a hurry to start working again. But you know, it would be best to do something too, rather than stay on your couch. I mean, you're an athlete, doesn't your body feel the need to get up and move around?

New released a deep breath. Honestly, I think the restlessness is because of the fact that I rarely move around. I think you are right. My body seems to be looking for that rush and sweat again. Maybe I'll try waking up early tomorrow and go for a run.

That will be a good idea. Get some dopamine stored up again, Tay suggested.

Hmm okay. Hmm... PTay, Can I see you next weekend? Dinner maybe and coffee?

The text caught Tay off guard, but part of him also knew that sooner or later, New will really be inviting for a meet up. It felt weird that he was feeling tense just with the idea of going out. And he felt even weirder that he's making a big deal out of it.

After about twenty minutes and no reply, Ei PTay, it's okay if you're busy this weekend. We can always reschedule. No pressure. New texted feeling a certain kind of shyness. He doesn't understand why.

Ohh sorry for the late reply. I was just attending to something (of course I can't tell you I tensed at the invite). About the invite, sure next weekend is good. I can go meet you up. Where do you want to go? Tay was still feeling a bit uneasy.

Hmm, Ohm told me you're a rich kid but he also said you are down to earth and won't mind eating on the streets. :) Is that correct P?

Tay laughed after reading the text. Hahaha! I'm no rich kid. My parents are rich, so technically, it's their money, not mine. The down-to-earth and streets thing are very true though. Haha. So, nothing fancy is perfectly fine.

Okay then, how about we try Hill Station or Le Chef? I've read so much about them. It's worth a try. What do you say?

Are you kidding me? You just said you were told that I can eat on the streets, and yet you are asking me to choose between two of the expensive restaurants in the city. Hahaha... that doesn't fit right, Tay was laughing as he sent the message.

Uhmm well, I just want to be sure you'll be comfortable on our first meeting. And knowing you're a rich kid, you may not be really up to eating just anywhere. Plus, it's like a thank you for agreeing to be a company to me, New replied.

Geez, your impressions of me are crazy. It's making me uncomfortable. Let's just meet at the park and look around then see what the cravings will be. Then we can check the night market after dinner if you like. There, I did the planning now, Tay volunteered.

New was laughing as he read the message. Haha, sorry. It's just that I don't know you yet and the fact that it's like being around you was a favor asked... so I guess it's like a best foot forward thing.

Crazy! What else did those dummies tell you? Look, it's just like meeting a new friend. It's not like you're going on a love date. So, chill okay, Tay now feels more comfortable.

Uhmm, yeah you're right. It's not a love date, New was smiling. Okay then, see you on Saturday. How about 6pm at the park?

Looks good to me. 6pm it is. And uhmm, in case you have not gone out at night here, best to be in your pullover, or bring a jacket with you. It may get cold, Tay offered a reminder.

I actually love the cold, but okay, I'll take note of that. Thank you P.

Okay, see you then. Enjoy the rest of the day.

Yeah, see you. Have a good night, PTay.