i would love to be your choice #TayNewDay1

As if in answer to his wish, in front of him stands...

Hi Te! New politely greets him.

Tay was caught between feeling unsettled and excited. He...llo Hin, he answers in a nearly audible voice.

May I move a step clo...se...r...

New did not get to finish his question when Tay willed himself to move forward and suddenly pulled him in an embrace. New found himself reciprocating as he tightly wraps his arms around Tay.

They stood there wrapped in each other's arms for a little while.

Tay leads New to a bench. The night is young. Both gentlemen share the view of tiny bright lights scattered across the open sea. The slow flicker of lights seems to slow dance with their heartbeats. They waited without words but it was not awkward at all. The presence of each other radiates a feeling of a silent assurance that they are at the right time and moment.

Everyone was saying that I give you space; that I give you time. I think the two weeks of not bothering you is already long enough of waiting, New finally breaks the silence. It honestly even feels like an eternity of waiting, Te. So, I told them that I can no longer wait. I just need to see you Te. I don't know if this is the best move, but I hope my being here would make you feel that I have always been true to you, to us.

I have had a hard time admitting that I've been scared for a long time now, Tay responds. Growing up, I was taught that if you take care of the people you love, you will never lose them. So, I made sure that I give my all when I love and yet, they leave me; I lose them. Then I lose myself. Then I break into pieces. I never really understood fully why. And not understanding it eventually left me resistant to move forward. For a long time, I cannot imagine myself starting over again. The idea of nurturing a new love, taking care of it, and not really knowing if it's going to last became default reasons. Eventually, I have learned to believe that happy endings can come in different versions. Happy endings need not mean having someone beside you. It can also be you being alone in your own comfort and safe zone. That has been the formula for a long time, Tay looks at New longingly, until you step in and start messing everything up.

Is the messing everything up really that bad to make you go away? New asks sounding nervous. His eyes started to well up. Did I scare you away? Was my presence in your life breaking you into pieces again rather than keeping yourself whole?

At this Tay felt how his actions have hurt New. He feels a certain piercing on his chest realizing that he has hurt a person whom he knows is very valuable to him. He looks at New longingly and wipes the tears that started to fall. He shakes his head, no New. You did not. I was whole in my own way and you stepping into my life made the wholeness even more perfect. I have felt this very early on but was just really scared to admit it, Tay confessed while tears started to form in his eyes too. I have been a coward and an idiot New and I'll be the biggest idiot that the world will ever have if I let go of you.

New sobbed a bit more upon hearing Tay's confession. I know that you've been broken a number of times Te, I have been too. But love doesn't end with broken hearts. Love is a decision Te. We cannot be assured that everything will be a walk in the park. But we can walk together hand in hand and try our best to make this work. Iloveyou Te and that love has led me to the decision to choose you. I hope that you see and feel that love Te. I am here in front of you offering you that love.

And I am here in front of you letting you know that I am now ready to accept that love. I would love to be your choice, New, and I am the happiest that you are my choice too. Iloveyou Hin... and I promise to make sure that you feel that everyday. With happy tears, Tay leans forward and kisses New. It was gentle and thirsty at the same time.

I have not said my sorry for leaving you and hurting you just like that, Tay pulls out from the kiss. Does this mean you have accepted my apology?

I don't, was New's automatic reply. But because Iloveyou, I can always easily change my mind. New smiles cheerfully and leans forward for another kiss. Te, promise me that you will never disappear like that anymore? And by the way, Ilove it when you call me Hin.

I promise Hin. Hin. My Hin. My forever Hin. He repeatedly mentions the name with a smile ear to ear.

I hope you know that this will also mean, #TayNew is now official, New quickly adds.

And I am not complaining. Let's have this #TayNewDay1. Tay giggles and responds with another kiss.

The night moon was all the more striking. The air was a magical cold.

Yes, something lovely just happened.

the end