birthday coming up

A couple of months passed and the same drill continued. New now had found a job as a Marketing Officer of a Sports Apparel and would sometimes get invitations for strength and conditioning sessions for student athletes. On a few occasions, he would join Tay in his outreach projects. Except when they had personal work commitments, the rest of the days were completely spent with each other. They would also go on quick weekend getaways, watch musical gigs and theater plays, and try out new hobbies. They spent almost everyday together and they even developed this new habit of buying the same stuff. They're friends find it weird, but they find it rather normal, not couple things, they would often say, we just happen to like the same stuff.

It's going to be your birthday soon, right? New asked.

Huh? How did you know? Tay wondered.

Oh, I heard Off and Gun talking over dinner last week. So, what do you usually do on your birthdays?

Tay laughed, I haven't been celebrating my birthday for a couple of years already. But Off and Gun would usually insist that they at least prepare a special dinner, which I allow for their peace of mind. That's just about it.

Hmm okay, then I'll plan something else, New replied. I have a good idea in mind.

Hey, don't fuss okay. Let's just go out with the couple, and maybe we can invite the Cool Old Folks too.

Hmm okay, if that's what you want then, New agreed.