breaking up is not something new

It's been a month since the break up. They have been together for 2 years. Tay had fallen deep and Mild became his reason for living. After all, she helped her pick up the pieces after Tay's second failed relationship. The relationship was doing great until a few months ago when Tay noticed that there seem to be a lot of changes in Mild's behavior. He wanted to raise the issue earlier on, but he was too scared that he will lose himself again. But one thing he knew is that, eventually, everything will be more obvious, and it will hurt even more. Finally, he decided to confront Mild and right that time, they decided to go separate ways.

Breaking up is not something new for Tay anymore. Two failed relationships had taken a great toll on him. He is a psychologist, but admittedly, he experienced having a hard time coping up with his heartbreaks. He had to take a 3-month leave when he had his first heartbreak. While on his second, he had to face it head on as it was at the same time he was completing his masters degree. The struggle was real. He would have sleepless nights and would often see himself in the shower in the wee hours and cry out. They say it's best to cry in the shower, you won't notice how much you have cried.

After two heartbreaks, Tay hoped that coping would be easier. But being in a work environment with your ex and having the same set of friends, makes things a lot harder. He knew his patterns of behaviour, his emotions, his level of awareness of what is happening to him is something he had a good grasp of. But this same honesty also tells him that he needs to make reroutes if he wants to heal. "Everything is easier said than done" he would remind himself. Even his personal self talks are telling him he needs a new game plan. And so, after much reflection, even in so many uncertainties, he made the one decision he never thought he would ever make, that is, to relocate.