you make me feel like...

New handed Tay a corn in a cob, here I bought you one too, appetizer.

Thanks, Tay seemed surprised, then started nibbling the buttered corn just the same. So, it looks like you are a Potterhead too.

Yeah, I love magic stories, New sounded excited. And it's funny that we are like wearing a couple hoodies.

Tay did not see those words coming. He felt his cheeks turned into ripped tomatoes and he did not know what to say.

New laughed harder, ei Tay, it's a joke. Don't freeze.

Tay loosened up and sent a faint smile. Of course. So, any particular food craving for dinner?

Hmm, I am honestly so hungry. Maybe we can go somewhere with big servings and something like home-style cooking.

Tay chuckled. Well, I might have the perfect place in mind, let's go before you swallow that entire cob.

They arrived at the Good Taste Cafe and there was the usual long queue of customers. Tay went directly to the entrance and a server greeted him with a thumbs up sign. They went inside what seemed to be a function room. The server handed them a copy of the menu.

Here you go, food here is great, and the deserts too. Order whatever you please, Tay said.

You own this or something?

Nah, I just happen to know the owners and many of the staff here. I usually help them with socio projects. I still pay for my orders, just so you know, Tay laughed, but certainly at a very friendly price.

Everything here looks so tasty. New faced the server and started relaying his orders. Let's have the garlic-butter chicken, halabos na hipon (prawns), pork hong ba (braised pork belly) and beef curry.

Tay nodded at the server, you can add chicken broccoli, fish tofu, and good taste fried rice.

And for dessert, New was in all smile mode, we will have cream puff, leche flan, black velvet cupcake, streamline ube (taro cake), pineapple cake, fruit pie, and crema de fruta. Oh, can you also add hot cocoa with milk. Serve later please.

Tay's eyes widened, are you sure you can finish them all? Are you on sugar high or are you on your road to diabetes?

Hah! It's my nature Tay, sweets are my sweets. Okay let's just have one slice of each order and share then.

Share? Oh okay. Fine by me. The suggestion surprised Tay, but something in him tells him that he loves the idea.

In just a few minutes, the orders were served. It appeared as if they were having a big feast. The serving was good for 3-4 people. New enjoyed everything. He loved how perfectly the chicken was fried to crisp, how the shrimp was tender and flavourful and how the spices went so well in the curry. He was not very much into vegetables, but even that, he found himself savouring.

Finally, it was time for dessert. Tay was still amazed at the number of cakes slices he is seeing on their table. He feels dizzy just by looking at it. New on the other hand was like a kid ready to indulge with the sugar rush.

New ate the cake like he's doing a taste test of everything. As New was very insistent, Tay had to eat everything as well. His experiences became even more exciting as he slurps his hot cocoa.

Ei Tay, you want coffee to go with your cakes?

Nah, I don't actually drink coffee. Don't worry, the server knows I always have my hot calamansi with desserts.

Woah, you don't drink coffee too? Same here buddy. Why do I get a feeling that we will have a lot of things in common Tay? This is so cool!

Tay once again found himself at a loss while he acknowledgeda thought in his mind, what's with this guy that sends me butterflies? Then hebrushed the thought away.