Chapter 8

Beast was laying on his back waiting patiently for a belly scratch from Rosalinda while wagging his tail.

"How did you get it again?" she asked calmly, while still staring at the laying dog waiting for my response.

"He was left in a basket in front of my door." Bending down I gave a light scratch on his belly and immediately one of his leg started to wiggle. I giggled while looking back at the tall woman, who stood in the hallway don't wanting to get close. Beast was friendly though, standing up from his laying position he casually walked to Rosalinda looking up at her with smiling eyes and rubbing his fury head on her thighs. It was strange, he never acted this way to strangers. 

"I didn't have the heart to leave him outside." I muttered while waiting for her true reaction.

"You want to keep it?" She finally petted Beast on his head, while being in deep thoughts. "Yes!" I said too enthusiastically. 

"Please Ros! Look at him he is like a little angel, he won't damage anything in the house I can assure you!" And like on purpose the furry head looked at her with his tongue hanging out and licked her hand.

"You know I am not a big fan of animals but maybe it's safer for you to have a protector around the house, we never know wha..."

"Thank you!!!" I jumped on her, smothering her with my gratitude. "I promise you are not going to regret letting me keep him."

                                                                                          ~*~

2 weeks later she came again, but this time with a letter in her hand.

"Congratulations Lou, you caught the eyes of the queen herself." I immediately ripped the letter out of her hands to read it, not even caring that my mouth was full of food.

Dear Rosalinda!

I heard from a little bird that you have a very special girl under your wing... I would be pleased, if you two would visit me and stay for my son's 15th birthday celebration next evening on the 3 of April.

A carriage is already on the way, I hope you will kindly take my offer.

Yours sincerely,

Charlotte Maria Rovnyik

"Oh my God! The queen herself?" I almost yelled while looking at Rosalinda who was casually eating my breakfast at the table.

"Yes." she nodded. "The carriage will be here by tomorrow morning. We are arriving one day earlier than the other guests, I believe you know why." She took a bite.

 "Start packing."

Hi there! Don't forget to vote or comment if you liked it! :) Thank you so much for reading!