Chapter 6

The next morning, I woke up with a slight headache and with Mia half on top of me snoring. She was a lovely sight, her hair was all over the place looking like a bird nest, dried salvia staining the corner of her mouth and brown nipples peeking out from her oversized sleeping shirt. I looked at her for a few more minutes, grateful that my head was now slightly pulsing instead of hammering. Rolling her carefully off me I quickly climbed out of my bed noticing the mess we made yesterday. I remembered we had a girl's night, dressing up in different colored silks, skirts and jewelries while laughing like little kids who are secretly trying on their mother's belongings.

Trying not to trip on anything I slowly made my way to the bathroom, immediately washing my face from the water bowl I always had full.

Combing my hair and pulling it in a long braid, I went out to make some breakfast for both of us knowing Mia would wake up soon.

                                                                                              ~*~

It was around noon, when I heard a light scratching on the front door. Mia was already gone, and I wasn't expecting anyone, so standing up from my couch putting down my book I walked to see who might be there. They must have get in through the gate.

Opening the door, I couldn't see anyone but when I looked down, I found a basket on the top of my porch. There was a long black thing hanging out of it almost touching the door. 

"Is this a joke?" I asked myself quietly, when suddenly that black thing started to move around touching my leg. Jumping backwards while screaming. "It's a snake!" I was close to have a heart attack.

I was about to close the door quickly but then a black furry head appeared from under the blue blanket, and I immediately know who that head belonged to. He was staring at me questioningly and when he realized who I was, he wanted to climb out the basket rushingly. Before he could fall out, I quickly scooped up the fur ball laughing.

Looking around, no one was on the street, I didn't know if someone left him here on purpose or just wanted to get rid of him like they would do with an unwanted child. 

Picking up the basket from the porch I peeked inside. There was a tiny paper rolled up with a leather leash.

I quickly started to fumble with let letter only using my left hand while the other tried to hold the pup in one place.

"I hope you can forgive me."

Interesting. Looking around again I closed the door and went inside.

Sitting back on my couch with a very happy dog in my lap who was shaking with excitement.

"Well it seems like we met again my little beast" I softly cooed to him while scratching his tummy, running my hand up immediately feeling something around his neck. Lifting him up to get a better view, to my shock It was a leather collar with golden claps. As I leaned closer, I could see letters saying: "Beast"

Like I was in trance I couldn't get my eyes away from the golden letters, I was not sure if I was lucky enough to guess the name of the puppy right, or someone was following me yesterday and heard what I called him. I felt a shiver running down my spine, for some reason I thought the second option was the case. Suddenly I felt like being watched and I couldn't shake of the feeling of fear, this someone was following me and I didn't even noticed, maybe this was not their first time doing this, maybe they know everything about me, what if they watch me sleeping at night?

Pain shot through my body when little pairs of nails dug into my thighs, pushing me out of my panic attack. Apparently, Beast wanted to get out of my tight grip using his paws.

"Sorry buddy. Go look around your new home." Letting him go, he jumped down from the couch and started to sniff around the house. "Oh God" I groaned suddenly remembering something really important. "What would I say to Rosalinda?" leaning back I put my face into my hands, already feeling the headache coming back.

When she gave me this house to entertain my own guests without the knowledge of people, she had only one condition. "You cannot have any pets!" still remembering her stern voice and face, I didn't know what to do anymore. I wanted to keep Beast, but this was my dream home, kicked out would be a heartbreak for me. But Beast was so cute and friendly, maybe if I show him to Rosalinda, she would accept this cutie. I was hoping for the best.

Right now, this cutie was tugging at the end of my dress impatiently with a growling stomach. Standing up I went to get him a piece of meat quickly frying it on the stove and giving it to him. Staring up at me with his grateful little eyes he started to chew on it loudly enough to wake up the closest neighbors.

"We will need to buy you some dog stuff Beastie." He looked at me pausing at the nickname I just give him. Then like nothing happened he happily started to devour the meat again.

"What did I get myself into?" I stared down at him sighing.

Hi there! Don't forget to vote or comment if you liked it! :) Thank you so much for reading!