Epilogue

Epilogue

6 years later

Louisa was amazed by the newly hatched fluffy yellow chicks. The mother hen stood proudly letting out a calling sound when she founded food on the ground. Of course, all the small chicks ran as one huge yellow cloud towards their mother, hearing the important signal. Nature was beautiful. Standing up from her squatting position, she immediately could feel numbness overtaking her legs. It felt like thousands of small ants were crawling on her.

After six years her leg had completely healed, leaving behind a wrinkled pinkish patch on her skin, reminding her every day about what could have happened. It took her body three months to heal and two more to learn how to walk again.

It was a hard mission, but she was tirelessly exercising until she could walk with only a slight limp in her steps.

In the end, she asked herself to the vegetable gardens. Everyday she would water and weed around the plants, picking the already ripe vegetables and preparing them to the kitchen staff. She loved her new job.

As the island had more than 30 000 people to feed, they had several miles to grow veggies and fruit trees.

"Hi there beautiful." A woman spoked closely into her ears, making her squeal and jump in fright. She was so deep in her thoughts that she didn't even hear the woman approaching.

"You scared me!" turning around her heart fluttered with love seeing her wife.

"Mom you scream like a girl!" their son giggled behind his hand. Approaching, he raised his arms gesturing for her to pick him up.

"That's because I am a girl!" she sat him on her hips pinching his cheeks. "And what did my little boy did today?" she asked.

They started to walk in the dinner's direction which was held outside during the summer. Long benches and tables were seen with eating people on it. The lampions were already lit, making the place homey.

"We started to learn numbers." Her wife placed her hand at the small of her back, navigating her towards one of the closest tables. "I will be back in a minute." The older woman walked of grabbing a tray with three plate containing roasted chicken, rice, vegetable, fish and some dressing.

"I am proud of you." Louisa kissed her son's forehead feeling blessed. She never thought about having a family. She was more like a lone wolf type, but now that she had experienced what it feels like to have one, she wouldn't trade it for anything. At the age of 25 she could finally say that she had everything she ever could wished for.

"I am back!" Her wife announced, holding a tray filled with delicious looking food in it. Sitting down next to them, her white uniform had some blood spots, smudging the blue snake embroidered at the front.

Yes, she married Aisha, the chief healer, who was supporting her from the beginning. At first their relationship started platonically like any doctor-patient one would. Still, the sexual tension between the two couldn't be ignored. Louisa saw past the woman's strict and cold demeanor as a way of protecting herself, while Aisha saw the vulnerability and fear in the smaller woman, even though Louisa tried to hide it.

The day she was finally released, Rosalinda offered her own home to share, but Louisa declined. She didn't want to get the woman's hope high, but then where would she live?

Seeing the difficult situation her ex-patient was in, Aisha offered her own spacious tent with two bedrooms and one living room. She accepted the offer gratefully.

I didn't take much time, when the first jewelry appeared on her pillow and the 30 years old woman asked her out on a date. Getting know each other, their first date was followed by six more when they finally slept together. Louisa never felt that fire with anyone, she felt that night. After 2 years together Aisha finally asked her to be her wife and Louisa said yes. One year later they adopted their 4 years old son, Thomas.

They became a family. It wasn't about the sex anymore but being each other's home. And Louisa finally understood why so many people settle down with that 'One' person. Bending forward she kissed her love's cheek.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

                                                                                 ~*~ THE END ~*~

And what happened to the others you may ask?

Well, Rosalinda chose to go back to her girls, leaving with the knowledge that Louisa was safe and happy. People were left in the dark believing that the 'devil's whore' had burned to death and the fake gold was juts another foul trick played by her as an avenge.

As for Flora, at the age of 21 she finally became Aisha's second hand, being in charge whenever the older woman was absent. She grew into a mentally strong woman, who could support thousands of women emotionally with the same past as hers. She completely changed from the naive and shy little girl into a tough woman, who was not afraid to speak her mind.

Still...she may have become a powerful person, but that didn't change the fact, that whenever her wives were near, her cheeks always had a pinkish tint.... ;)

Hi there! Don't forget to vote or comment if you liked it! Thank you so much for reading!:)