Chapter 24

Louisa's POV

After we cried our eyes out, I made a serious decision. My plan was to cut the ropes tying me to the main wooden pole in the middle of the bonfire.

I still had a second knife after that idiot came back with five other men holding me down and taking the dragger away from me. That was only the cheap one.

The real stuff was sewed into my dress, making it impossible to notice. Yeah, I was not stupid...After I knew that someone know my little secret, I only left the house with two knives. And how I loved my past self for this genius tactics.

Taking in a big breath I let go of Flora making her look at me in confusion.

With a quick motion I ripped my dress apart exactly where the dagger was. Fishing it out I could feel Flora's stare on me. She didn't know why I was sitting in a prison.

I could see it in her eyes that she expected me to kill her and accepted her fate with closing her eyes and not moving away.

"How well can you fight with a knife?" I asked her.

"What?" she opened her bruised eyes with shock.

"How well can you fight with a knife?" I repeated. "Do you know any stabbing motion?"

She shook her head as her eyes never left the sharp object in my hand.

"Okay, look I am going to get out soon, I am giving this to you so you could defend yourself when he comes down again." She looked at me fright evident in her expression.

"Yes, don't look at me like that...there is a high chance that he or others are going to come down to rape you again." Her lips started to quiver.

"So here is what you are going to do: Once he comes down pretend that you are asleep so he will let his guard down around you. You stay silent. You can peak slightly but not noticeably, if you pull your skirt up a little bit above your knees, he probably won't stare at you face..." she was listening closely by now.

"When he kneels down by your body, you still lay motionless pretending to sleep...I know this is going to be hard, but let him touch you -"

"NO" she yelled at me.

"If he thinks you are asleep, he won't hold your hands down. The moment he climbs on top of you and his face is right above yours, with a quick motion you stab this here into his neck." I continued like nothing happened while motioning towards my knife.

She sat there silent, wonder in her eyes as she was staring at me.

"Are you going to try it?" I stretched my arm out holding the knife for her to take it.

"Why are you getting out?" she asked me, still not taking the dagger.

"They realized that I've been captured by mistake." I lied to her.

"What mistake?" she was not believing me.

"They thought I am that girl who likes the company of other women." I muttered angrily. "Now take it already!"

Grabbing it with her shaking hands she looked at it, not knowing what exactly she should do with a knife beside cutting herbs.

"Now lay down onto your back, imagine that he is on top of you. During...his previous assault where was his head?"

"Here" she motioned above her.

"Then look for his neck and stab towards it."

"Won't that kill him?" she looked at me surprised.

"That's the point. When he is dead you can escape...I have a feeling no one will be here beside him..."

She made a clumsy motion upward.

"Again." She did it again five times each better than the one before.

"Okay that is going to be just fine. Remember stab him until you are sure he is dead."

"And now...get on your fours."

"Why?"

"Because you always need a plan B. What if he decides to take you from behind?"

                                                                                           ~*~

The moment I was satisfied with Flora's survival instincts the door opened. Men came down to take me.

Flora huddled up in the corner watching me with wary eyes. She was jealous but grateful at the same time... If only she would know I am actually getting burned alive, she would think otherwise for sure.

I nodded towards her as a goodbye.

When they dragged me up the stairs, a hood was roughly placed over my head.

They sat me down on something and suddenly we were moving to our destination. My death.

The closer we got, the louder the crowd became.

So many people came today just to watch an innocent life getting destroyed?

Shame on them.

I was led onto steps, which I assumed were leading to the bonfire.

Turned around the hood was removed from my head and I let out a loud gasp as I saw hundreds of people waiting for my death. They even brought their children as if I were just some kind of a circus attraction.

I didn't even process what I was seeing when the first rotten tomato landed on my breasts. Then on my leg and arms. Trying to cover myself, a man grabbed my arms from behind starting to tie it to the main pole.

Looking at him I realized it was Carl. Again. It was like a sick joke.

In this moment did I realize that I cannot survive. But at least I helped a kid in one of my last moments.

"Is it comfortable?" he asked not looking into my eyes. Right, he should feel ashamed of his behavior.

"No, it's too tight." I lied but to my surprise he loosened the ropes.

"Now?"

"Still tight." He loosened the ropes again and left me.

I looked at him in awe as I realized that my hands were only bound symbolically, I only needed to twist them to the side a little bit and I would be free.

But how could I escape under hundreds of watchful eyes focused on me? I needed to do it quickly and invisibly...like a magic trick.

Hi there! Don't forget to vote or comment if you liked it! :) Thank you so much for reading!