Chapter 21

Rosalinda's POV

Everything went dark as Beast jumped up onto me letting out a happy bark while licking my face.

"Fantastic...this is all I needed."

"Rosalinda?" a familiar female voice asked from the shadows.

"Mia?" trying to push away Beast's huge head I peeked out. "Beast can you move big boy?" I stood up finally getting the salvia off with my hands. He was cuter as a pup...

"What are you doing here? Is Louisa home?" asked Mia, holding onto Beast's neck fur.

"No, she isn't. I thought she is with you." I said confused by the fact that she had Louisa's dog with her but didn't know where his owner was.

Seeing my expression, she started to explain how she got Beast with her.

"I just got home from a customer and this cutie was waiting for me in front of my door like it was the most natural thing to do." She looked down at the dog with an angry frown.

"I hope you didn't run away from Louisa, Beast!" She was talking to him like he could answer. The dog didn't give a damn though, he just kept sniffing around.

"It's already dark, nothing is open. She should be home." I stood up ready to kick the door in, but Mia patted my shoulders offering me a key she just pulled out from her purse.

Great... So, she already gave her a key... I mean I have one too but only for safety reasons...

Taking it with an angry scowl I pushed the key in and opened the door.

Everything was dark inside, not even a candle was lit, and it was freezing cold.

"Lou?" Mia yelled out suddenly making the dog jump in fright.

Looking around for any signs that Louisa was home I discovered that the back door was open letting in the cold air of the night. Burglary?

"It must be a while since she was home." I muttered for myself.

"Mia look around the garden and the kitchen, I will take the bathroom and bedroom. Quickly."

"Yes boss." She saluted playfully. How is she not anxious? I could feel my heart beating faster as emotions started to overtake my mind.

I hope she is all right and just went for a walk...

Entering the bathroom my eyes took in the thousands of pink colored body lotion and shampoo that she kept near her bathtub. She got at least four different bathrobes hanging down her door, and all the towel she owned were pink matching the pinkish tiles of her wall.

Did she paint it without my permission?!

What a brat...I will have a talk with her when she gets back.

I shuddered with disgust as I closed the door behind me. Pink. Who the fuck would paint their wall pink?

Afraid what will wait for me in the bedroom I opened it with caution ready for hundreds of pink stuffed animals attacking me at the same time.

But I let out a huge sigh of relief that the only pink thing in here was the bedsheet. And there were no stuffed animals.

Leaving the door open I checked the security cord behind her bed, but it was unharmed.

My attention shifted towards her desk where she kept tons of jewelry. It was not a burglary.

Taking a closer look, I recognized my gifts too. They were the prettiest... And they were put away from the others on a jewelry rack.

"I have a good taste." I mentally patted my shoulders.

Grabbing the anklet, which I got from my mothers as a family heritage with the other gold sparkly ones, I was amazed that how much she cherished them. Where I came from these kind of things were founded on every corner. No one batted and eye when they saw a diamond crown or a gold ring with thousands of sapphires inside of it on the ground.

Putting it back I remembered her expression when she got the first gift from me one year ago. I will never forget it.

It was a gold necklace with a rose pendant which was made of rubies. I placed it in front of her door and after knocking, I hid behind a tree waiting.

When she came out and opened it still standing outside, the shock was evident on her face as she looked around her eyes never meeting mine. Then the shock was replaced with pure happiness as she immediately tried it on.

"It looked good on her." I thought. But the happiness I got from just watching her made me feel warm and dizzy inside. She was beautiful standing there in a simple green dress, barefoot hair let down and no make-up. She looked so young, her 18 years clearly evident. Looking around again with her big brown eyes she turned around and went inside holding the small jewelry box close to her chest.

I was patient. Every time I felt like it, I placed a gift in front of her house with a small letter. I started to court her in my own way which she had no idea of it yet.

I choose her.

I didn't matter that she was 12 years younger than me. I wanted to see that smile and laugh every day and make her happy.

Was I jealous seeing her with other women?

Sometimes.

She was never forced to do something she didn't want to. She enjoyed it, and as long as she was happy, I was happy too.

But on that trip to the queen, I could feel myself shift. I didn't want to be friends anymore I was tired of waiting. It was almost one year.

So...I paid a maid, I think Jessica was her name, to lock us in. She agreed eagerly.

I knew that Louisa is only calmed by physical contact... and well... I took advantage of it.

Honestly, I am not ashamed, it was the best night I ever encountered in my 31 years. And she enjoyed it too.

But next day I could feel her emotions closing up and rejecting me.

It hurt as hell, so I closed up too.

Putting back the anklet to its place I grabbed the diamond necklace and admired how easily I can see myself in its reflection.

And this is how a necklace saved my life.

Watching my green eyes sparkle in the reflection I could see Mia swinging a shovel towards my head.

Ducking quickly while dropping the necklace, I grabbed her wrist squeezing it hard so she would drop the shovel to the ground. When she finally did it, she kicked me in the shin. Auch.

By reflex I let her go to hold my hurting leg when she started to claw at my face.

Trying to defend myself I slapped her hands away and punched her in the face.

"Motherfucker." Taking a few steps backwards holding her face I took the chance and snatched a scarf from Louisa's shelf tying it around Mia's arms  dislocating her shoulders.

"Au fuck you!!!" She yelled at me almost crying from the pain she was receiving.

Kicking behind her knees she went down on the floor with a loud thump. I never liked her but took her in nonetheless.

I was furious. I feed her, I gave her a home, money, handsome men.

And what did I get? A stab in my back. Almost.

"Why did you do it?" I stood above her with my arms crossed. I was grateful that my home island trained everyone how to fight with both bare hands and weapons.

She remained quiet not looking at me, just silently crying.

"I am asking you again Mia. Why. Did. You. Do. It?"

Hi there! Don't forget to vote or comment if you liked it! :) Thank you so much for reading!