Chapter 15

"Thank you for the night Louisa." The redhead smiled at me, the glow in her eyes giving away what we just did.

"The pleasure was mine darling." I winked. Walking her out the front door, I closed it with a tired huff. I let them out mostly through my backyard gate, but she had her carriage waiting basically three steps away from my front gate.

Watching her from the window as her private carriage disappeared into the night, I looked around the mess we just did. I was too sleepy to start cleaning now.

My skirt was laying on the sofa, while my hairpins were scattered across the floor. Different type of food was on my dining table, but I wasn't hungry. Thinking about Beast, who I locked outside in the garden, I grabbed a chicken drum ready to feed him for being a good boy, even though he was barking once.

When we got back from our little trip with Rosalinda, I felt my usual quirkiness fading. That night between us started a domino effect on our relationship. She only came to me, when she announced her travelling to a strange island for business, and my next customers arriving time. Then she left, even though I baked her favorite cookies, she wouldn't come in.

At least someone was happy to see me... I thought back when Beast saw after a couple of days. He reacted like he didn't see me for almost a year.

Not forgetting about him I opened the door whistling for him into the darkness.

But there was no answer.

"Beast!" Walking outside barefoot, I noticed my flowerpots being scattered around, some even fell down from my windowsill, but they landed on the grass, so I couldn't hear them.

I cannot believe this dog... I started to get angry now, it took almost a week for me to spare that much money to buy rare flower seeds...

"What the-" Suddenly I heard barking from the street. It sounded familiar.

"Beast!" Turning to my side gate, I was shocked when I saw that it was actually open.

I ran out on the street looking for my dog. Hearing the barking again I turned around seeing a shadow running on the street while a dog was chasing after it.

"Beast!" Now I was screaming like a maniac, not knowing if I should run after them barefoot or stay in the middle of the street waking up everyone in my environment while holding a chicken leg. Luckily the dog turned around hearing my last yell, running back at me.

"How did you get out of the garden?" I petted his round head. "Who was that?" Knowing Beast cannot answer I just keep questioning myself.

                                                                                       ~*~

Holding tightly onto Beast's neck fur I walked us back through the garden. It already started to lighten giving the city a foggy veil as dawn arrived.

When I let go of him, he immediately ran to the broken flowerpots and started to growl at them while sniffing around. When he turned the other way, I noticed a strange thing I didn't see earlier. Getting down on one knee I started to examine my flowerbed where something was imprinted.

It was a boot print.

                                                                                     ~*~

That night I locked all doors, windows, and slept with Beast laying across my feet. 

Hi there! Don't forget to vote or comment if you liked it! :) Thank you so much for reading!