Chapter 25

Warning!

Rape and Suicidal thoughts ahead!

If any of these is triggering you, please do NOT read!

Flora's POV

I watched as they led away this strange woman. She looked so sad which I didn't understand. She is going to be free again! Not like me...

I was innocent too, still no one came for me.

I hugged my knees staring into nothing. I was afraid that I cannot kill him when he comes down.

He will rape me again if I miss. I held the knife in my hand watching it closely. It has a goldish hilt and it was pretty heavy too.

Is it real gold? Turning it around I discovered little see-through gems on the top.

Either it is fake or real. Back where I came from you could feed three family for one week from selling this.

Thinking about my home made me sick in the stomach. All my happy memories disappeared due to one disaster.

                                                                                  ~*~

It was a beautiful sunny day even though it was still too early. I opened the windows in the house letting in the warm air. My parents were still sleeping, and I wanted to surprise them with breakfast. Today was their anniversary.

Quietly shutting the door behind me I walked towards our chicken coop, fishing out five fresh egg. My favorite chicken, Bell as I liked to call her, was stepping on my foot asking to be held as always, she was 3-year-old and my first ever pet.

Chuckling lightly, I bent down and scooped her up under my arm walking out and placing the eggs in the basket I brought with me. Happy that I had her in my arms she started singing. As always.

"Good morning to you as well, Bell." I kissed her head. I always wanted to have a dog, but my parents never bought me one. Sometimes I was lonely, I didn't have any siblings, my father was working on the fields, while my mother was treating people with our herbs. Then I got Bell as a chick and I raised her on my own. She became such a spoiled hen. Other kids had dolls and toys, I got a small chicken.

I didn't see any problem with this. My parents couldn't afford a doll anyway.

Stepping through a small gate which led to our vegetable garden I could already see red tomatoes hiding behind their green leaves. Putting my basket down I started to rip off a few pieces.

Me and my family believed in making and growing our own food. We had a huge garden with all kind of fresh veggies and fruit trees. Our animals provided us with all the necessities we needed so we rarely shopped on the market. With this method we saved a lot of money too.

Belle started to wiggle in my arm, trying to peck at a fat tomato.

"No no, this is not for you."

Collecting a few more important vegetables I put Belle back to the others and walked in the house direction. It wasn't big but it was ours. With only one room and a small kitchen, we decided to build a small cottage next to the house where we stored our dried herbs and welcomed people in need.

The wind blew through my curly locks and playfully lifted my long skirt as I made my way back.

                                                                                         ~*~