Chapter 22

Mia's POV

"You won't answer?" Rosalinda asked towering over me.

I was still half sitting, half laying on the floor in pain as my shoulders were dislocated. She has been asking me questions nonstop.

"What should I tell you about?" I smiled up at her behind my tears. I couldn't feel my hands anymore.

The answer for this was a hard slap, making my porcelain skin redden.

"Don't use that tone with me! Start talking now!"

"I won't" That was the final straw.

                                                                                               ~*~

1 hour later

"Stop!" I cried out in pain as she was twisting my broken finger.

She raised her eyebrow hearing this and started to twist my now broken wrist too.

"Enough! Please! Ask anything!" My tears were streaming down my face as my face was burning from both the beating I received and the shame for my failure.

"What was your mission? What did you want to accomplish by taking me out of the picture?" she asked while squeezing my wrist with every question.

"My job was to kill you, but I obviously failed."

"Who gave you this task?"

"My parents." My right eye was swollen, and I couldn't see anything. I was scared that she made me blind.

"So, they are alive huh? Who are they?" she started to get pissed off. Two years ago, I lied that they were dead.

"Part of the church."

"Tell me everything from the beginning." She commanded. "And don't you dare to hide anything from me. I know exactly when you are lying." She gave me a creepy smile while sitting on Louisa's chair making herself comfortable.

She motioned me to start already.

"Okay...so I was 17 when my family decided that it was time for me to take part in the family activities -."

"As?" she interrupted me rudely.

"We are usually after people who are ... sinners."

"What are you doing to them?" she asked again not letting me explain.

"We ... burn or kill them in front of the public..." I muttered the last part. I was never proud of what we did.

"You may continue."

Taking a big breath, I felt ashamed for the next part that was coming.

"We got an information that there was a girl who liked to...fool around with other females." I could feel her eyes burning into my forehead as I didn't look at her.

"I was the one who got sent out to make friends with her."

"So, your friendship was fake."

"No! I mean at the beginning it was...but after a few months I saw how humble and kind she is. She was not the monster my family told me about." I was telling the truth. "After a while I truly started to love Louisa, she was my best friend almost like a sister I never had..."

"Then where is she now?" she asked me skeptically.

"I have no idea... it shouldn't have happened yet."

"What are you talking about?" she sat tall in the chair.

"I...made my family believe that Louisa was hard to get through even after two years and she still doesn't trust me enough."

"She just gave you the keys to her house." She said with a tint of irony. "And now? What changed? Where is she?"

"I-I think my mother knew that I was lying. She made some of our people to spy on us. In the past few months, I could see them everywhere."

                                                                                    ~*~

It was too late. I just wanted to see the pups, but I was completely overthrown by the fact that a church member, John, was the one selling them. They didn't even had dogs. So, what was he doing here?

Louisa immediately crouched down to pet a little black one calling it a beast.

John was watching her with confusion until he realized that she was the "women lover" girl as they called her in the church.

Trying to get his attention off from Lou, I stood in front of him pushing out my breast. He was in love with me since we were 9. I was fully aware of this and made my womanly curves do their jobs.

He was ogling at them like he never saw tits before, even though everyone knew that he already bedded most of the church girls.

I never understood, it was a sin to lay with each other before wedding, still the boys could fuck anyone they wished to. It was "practice" as the elders called it. But if a girl would have done the same with other boys from the community, she is a slut and would be banned from entering the church.

Seeing an erection already appearing in his trousers I looked down at Lou helplessly, urging her on to go.

While walking back were we came from, I noticed other church members watching us.

They never go on festivities like this. Until...they are hunting.

The next day I bought the 'beast' from the original seller, still remembering the little pup Lou was so fond of.

"How big will he be?" I asked the elderly man, holding the furball.

The man just held his hand up at his hip showing how tall Beast is going to be.

"Are they good at protecting their owner?"

"Yes ma'am. Even with their life... really aggressive breed."

"Perfect. I am taking him."

                                                                                     ~*~

"So, you were the one leaving the dog on her doorstep." She caressed her chin looking deep in thoughts.

"You are a good actress Mia" she admitted seemingly irritated by the fact that I even fooled her, the Mighty Rosalinda.

"I am not the only one playing a role, and we both know that..." I looked at her with my only good eye, barely catching her flinching back at my words.

"I don't know what you are talking about." She switched her shocked expression to a serious one.

I laughed hearing this. She really thought everyone is as naïve and blind as Louisa.

"Oh please. We all know that you were the one giving her the jewelry. I mean all that gold? It's definitely not from the woman who has hundreds of different gold earrings in her ear every day. And I didn't even mentioned the anklet and necklace you are wearing right now."

Hearing this she stared at me offended that I knew her little secret.

"Tell me Ros, how long have you been lying to Louisa?" I used her nickname on purpose, knowing that only Lou can call her that. "Maybe we are not that different after all."

I immediately received a slap on my right cheek, making my already bruised face burn.

"Hurting someone on purpose and leaving anonym gifts is two fucking different things Mia." She hissed in my face.

"If you say so..."

"What are they going to do with Louisa?"

"Probably burn her." I whispered, dread washing over me. I couldn't protect her.

"Where?"

"They usually do it...Oh my God!" Suddenly a memory flashed through my mind.

"I know where she might be!"

Hi there! Don't forget to vote or comment if you liked it! :) Thank you so much for reading!