Part II. Chapter-28

ANGELOS POV.

"Angelo. Come on, it's time to wake up."

I felt a soft kiss pressed to my cheek.

"Mom?" I groggily opened my eyes. "Why the hell are you here so early?"

And why is everyone able to get into my damn house?

    "You, Mercury, your father and brother are flying out in a couple of hours. I'm on my way now so I get there early and make sure everything is set up." She explained.

   "A call would have sufficed."

"Shut up. You're my baby, I can do what I want."

    "I'm thirty-,"

"What'd I just say?"

It's useless at this point.

"Is Mercury up too?" I sighed.

"No, I figured you'd yell at me if I so much as look at her." She held her hands up in defense. "So you can wake her up."

She's not wrong.

"I have to go now." My mother looked down at her Tiffany watch that was on her left wrist. "See you in a while. Dont forget, your flight is at nine. Love you!" She kissed my cheek again before leaving my bedroom.

That's an interesting way to wake up.

I was still questioning how she managed to get in here without waking me up at all.

It doesn't matter if she has a key or not. She'll break in.

I sighed, rubbing my eyes before standing up and going to Mercurys room.

I didn't expect to see her awake already.

It's six. She's never up this early.

"What are you doing up so early Bella?" I furrowed my eyes.

    "I hate traveling." She smiled sheepishly. "Every time I've ever done it, something happens."

   "I see." I hummed, walking over to her bed.

"I like being in my own area, my own house, you know?" She sighed.

    "Well, look at it this way," I laid down, not being able to help myself.

I'm really fucking tired.

"You technically do have a house in Italy." I closed my eyes.

   "That doesn't really help me."

"You actually have a house and an apartment." I continued. "And an apartment in Paris, a couple of houses in Greece, a condo in both Spain and Portugal. I'm also looking at a small place in Sydney, but I don't think I'm going to do it."

I cracked an eye open to see her staring at me with big brown eyes.

"I-You-How many places do you own?"

"In the states or globally?"

"That seems a bit excessive."

"It's going to be really excessive once you inherit them."

"Inherit? Inherit? What am I going to do with all of that?"

I shrugged. "Dunno. Sell them, rent them out, burn them, live in them. I won't give a fuck, I'll be gambling with Satan by the time you cross that bridge."

   "Poker with the devil? Really?" Mercury crossed her arms.

   "And winning."

"At least your optimistic." She shrugged.

"I try."

We were only a few minutes away from the plane when I glanced at Mercury for the thousandth time.

I can't take it anymore.

"Stop biting your lip. And stop digging your nails into your hands, it'll scar."

She didn't think that I had noticed every move she had made since we had gotten into the car."

    She quickly placed her hands under her legs and released her bottom lip from in between her teeth.

    "Sorry."

"Don't apologize, you do it subconsciously. However, I'll kill you if you leave a mark on yourself, so you should really watch that."

    "The hypocrisy in that statement is entertaining."

"Care to explain?"

"How many tattoos do you have there Ang?"

Well damn.

"Well- at least three?"

"Nice answer." Sarcasm dripped from her words.

    "I figured."

Soon enough, we pulled up to a small private plane.

   And just next to it, Gino was flirting with a very attractive pilot.

"That's got to be a new record." My daughter muttered.

    "Definitely." I groaned. "Try to get him away from her. Last thing we need is to crash because of him."

    "I'm on it."

While I opened the trunk to get our bags out, Mercury walked up to her uncle.

    "Hey Unc! I heard it was a boy, congratulations! I'm super excited to meet him!"

Oh she's good.

Of course, the pilot took that as her cue, and boarded our flight.

    "Mercury! Come on, I thought we were best friends."

"We are, but no one wanted to see that so." She shrugged.

   "God, like father like daughter. Both of you are co-,"

    "Finish that sentence in front of her, I dare you." I warned, handing off the luggage to the crew.

    "-Cocky people." He quickly corrected himself.

Yeah. Nice save.

"Come on you two." I lightly ushered Mercury up the steps, and dragged Gino up them by his ear.

"What'd have I told you about respecting people?" I whispered.

"Ow ow ow. I was!"

"You've been out with a different person every night this week, and you almost called a kid a cock blocker. Which part of any of that sounds respectable?"

"None of it." He sighed. "But just because you don't have a life anymore doesn't mean I have to stop living mine."

"I don't care about what or who you do in your free time, but it's fucked up to lead them on. I never did that, I just ended it whenever I wanted."

Still screwed up, I know, but at least I was honest with them.

"I like options." He shrugged.

There's no hope for him.

"Ew. Are you guys talking about girls again?" Mercury, who had already made herself comfortable on a chair asked.

"It's not Ew. Have you had the talk yet? Is that what I need to explain?" I knew saying that would completely change the course of the topic of conversation.

"Ah! No! Please don't!" She yelled as she covered her ears. "Middle school was enough!"

Easy.