Part II. Chapter-5

ANGELO LESCAS POV.

I watched as she stood there, incredibly still after she muttered that sentence.

No one spoke.

No one moved.

No one fought her notion.

That gave us the only answer we needed.

  "How long?" Mercury's voice began to shake as she asked the question.

The couple stayed silent.

"How long have you two been together?" She asked again, the hardness of her voice amplifying.

   "Two years." Her mother finally answered, clutching hands with Nick.

Two years.

Two fucking years.

Mercury inhaled deeply. "You've been with him for two years?"

  They were silent again.

"You made me endure Warren for two more years because you were too scared to admit that you were having an affair?" Her voice began to shake even more as a tear trailed down her cheek.

  All of us looked away.

Gino and I both looked down, while they avoided any contact at all, looking at anything but her.

There were not many things I feared in my life.

But one of them was seeing Mercury cry.

Because I don't know what I'm capable of when she's hurt.

  "And you," she turned towards Nick. "You were dumb enough to sleep and plan an escape with a boss's wife, and now you're shocked that you've got people after you?"

"Look, you don't know-,"

"I don't know what?" She moves closer to them. "What do I not know?"

  She's definitely got Lesca blood.

"Hey! I loved your mother too much to let her stay with that pig!"

  "Oh yeah?" She was in his face. "Well she didn't love me enough to leave him. Crazy how that works, isn't it?"

  "Mercury-," Adaline began.

"Shut up." Mercury was quick to silence her.

I was having trouble hiding my prideful smirk.

"Oh please. You're a child. You don't even know half of the things your mother went through. Show some respect-," his head snapped to the side as a sharp sound rang through the room.

  That's my fucking girl.

"I don't know you. You don't know me. So don't assume that I was protected from the shit that he did. Your fiancée doesn't even know what he's done to me."

    "Mercury!" Adaline snapped as she turned Nicks head, looking at the bright red mark Mercury had left behind.

  "What? It's not like you care." She turned around and began to make her way out of the office, slamming the door behind her.

  Gino glanced at me, wanting to go after her.

I wordlessly nodded, letting him out before talking to the last two.