Part II. Chapter-12

ANGELOS POV.

I don't think I was ever meant to be a good person.

"I'll be outside."

I was going through a stage of shock.

"What are you going to do about it Lesca?"

There's no way he was speaking to me when he said that.

He couldn't have been.

"I'd follow her advice." I looked at Adaline and her stepdaughter.

They knew better than to hesitate listening to my suggestion.

Adaline was quick to grab Violet by her hand and pull her away from the two of us.

I stood up slowly, staring him in the eye.

He didn't waver at first. He kept a strong stance, thinking that there was any way he could win this.

That was until I spoke to him.

"What am I going to do about it?"

MERCURYS POV.

I sighed as I closed the door behind me.

He's going to kill him.

I leaned against the house as a family walked by.

The couple held hands as their young children held onto their golden retrievers leash, the dog being too big for just one of them to hold it.

Their parents shared a smile as the watched them laugh as they struggled with the dog.

Another perfect family.

"Whatcha up to little boss?" Dominick asked as he kept watch, making sure no one came near the house while we were here.

Where the hell is Gino?

"Just having deniability about what's happening in there." I plainly shrugged.

"Quite the neighborhood, isn't it?"

Dominick was in his forties, with grey eyes and brown hair. He had started working for Gio while he was still the boss, and had been loyal to the family ever since.

"It's pretty boring." I chuckled.

"God, I'd prefer living in the alley on fifth than this place." He shuddered.

"It's not that bad."

"There's a park just a couple of blocks down."

Ok it's pretty bad.

"Look at it this way. We are both obviously city people. We probably weren't meant to like places like this." I pointed out. "The only reason I like our house is because no one else is around."

How could I?

People payed a lot of money for these houses to still be able to see their neighbors.

"I suppose that's-," He was cut off as the front door opened and closed again.

"What's he going to do?" Violet asked as Adaline pulled her outside.

Great.

"What's going on?" Dominick asked the pair.

"It's Angelo. He's not very happy." Adaline responded. "I have to go back in-,"