Part II. Chapter-40

MERCURYS POV.

"Favorite color?"

"Lavender. Sometimes emerald green."

"Favorite number?"

"Infinity because you think the sign looks cool."

"What do I crave when I get angry?"

"Fried chicken."

"My favorite type of cheese?"

He thought about it for a moment. "Trick question. You like all cheese."

Damn it. I thought I had him.

"Wow. You really do know me well."

We were in the waiting room, waiting for Dr. Patterson to start another session.

I'm glad I'm not freaking out this time.

"I'm amazing, I know."

"Woah, you haven't won just yet. It's my turn. Go."

"Ok, fine. What's my favorite color?"

"Black."

"How do I like my coffee?"

"You tell people black, but you actually tend to sneak chocolate syrup in it when you can."

"Damn, you're good. What's my type?"

Ha! He thought he could win.

"Trick question, you think all women are beautiful."

"Last question," he stared me down. "What was my first tattoo?"

Oh no.

"It's- god what is it? I know it!" I groaned. "It's- it's- this is unfair! You have too many to remember."

"Times running out babes. You've got five seconds left." He looked at his watch.

"Its- its- that smiley face you have on the inside of your lip!"

"God damn it." He groaned.

"Ha! You lost! Now you have to buy me fries!" I did my little happy dance in my chair.

"Jesus, if you would ask me to buy you a salad or god forbid at least an Apple that won't be baked into a dessert, we wouldn't have to go through this."

"Sorry, I was thinking about the French fries my father is going to get me, what was that?"

"You're despicable."

"You're despicable-er."

"That's not a word."

"It is now."

"Mercury, are you ready?" Doctor Patterson smiled as she opened the door to her office.

"Yeah, I think so." I politely smiled back.

"Alright," Angelo bent down and kissed my cheek. "I'll see you in an hour."

"Are you going to stay here?"

"No, I've got some Christmas shopping to do. Dominick is around here somewhere."

Christmas shopping you say?

"Well in that case I want a dog, seven pairs of socks, a plant that doesn't die, one single ruby, and a soda."

"Yeah Mer. Funny. What do you actually want?"