Part II. Chapter-10

ANGELOS POV.

  I knew it wasn't the worst idea to have Mercury around while I berated her mother and her fiancé.

   Deep down, I knew that if it came down to it, it would either take multiple people to get me off of someone, or, it would be Mercury.

   And one of those options was a lot more tolerable than the other.

"Which one is theirs?" She asked from the backseat as I drove through the suburban neighborhood.

   I did my best not to show it, but I was angry that they lived in an area like this.

  An area made for a family when they're missing a member.

"Just around the corner." I looked at her through the rear view, watching her as she looked at the houses.

   The only thing that comforted me was the necklace she had on.

I would be able to find her as long as she kept it on her.

I couldn't help but notice that the shimmering diamond had made her look even more so like royalty than she did before.

    I still can't believe I made half of that.

By the time I pulled up, there were a couple of vans surrounding it already.

   At least they won't try to run now.

I saw the head of security, Dominick, walk out of the house.

"Gino, get her door." I instructed as I got out of the car.

   I was very strict on making sure Mercury knew what a gentleman was, and not what the hell I was like growing up.

So she doesn't ever open her own door.

   "What did they tell you?" I asked Dominick.

"They are trying to play it off like they weren't doing anything." He rolled his eyes. "We tracked them down and found them near an airport. We dragged them back here and they insist they're telling the truth."

  I can't even say I'm surprised at this point.

"Hey Dom." Mercury walked over to us.

   Believe it or not, she got along better with hitmen than she did people her own age.

And surprisingly, the hitmen got along with her better than they did with people their own age.

  "Hey little boss." He smiled at her before turning back to me. "I'll see you guys inside."

I sighed before turning back to Mer.

"What to you think?" I asked.

There wasn't much to say about the houses exterior.

  It was a decent sized house in the suburbs. That was all that could be said about it.

  She shrugged. "The perfect house for the perfect family."

  "Any family without you in it isn't perfect." I nudged her.

"Well, I can't necessarily disagree with that." She sighed.

   "No one can disagree with anything I say. Don't blame yourself."

"Yeah yeah." She laughed. "Are you ready?"

"Only if you are."

MERCURYS POV.