Part II. Chapter-3

THIRD PERSON POV.

   Adaline Dubois sat shaking as she waited for the Lesca family to show up.

"Let me get this straight, you and Ginos brother were together in high school?" Her fiancé, Nick asked.

"Yes." She player with her hands.

"That doesn't sound bad. We all have an ex we want to forget." He attempted to call her down.

"It's a lot more complicated than that Nick."

"He can't be much worse than Violets mother." Nick said, referring to his teenage daughter.

If only they knew.

"You're right. Maybe he's still the same as he was years ago." She stood up and began to pace the office in Nicks restaurant.

She stood frozen as the door opened.

In walked Gino.

"I'm not the one you need to worry about." He reminded them before making himself comfortable on a plush chair.

"What do you need to know?" Nick asked quickly.

"Nothing right now." Gino began to play on his phone.

"Aren't you-,"

"The Don? No."

"Then who's-,"

"You'll know when you see him."

Adaline remained quiet.

"How much longer will we have to wait? It's already midnight." Her fiancé began to grow angry.

"I'm sure he'll be here soon." Adaline walked over and put a hand on his shoulder.

Gino was not fond of this.

He looked up from his phone and glared at the couple.

"Get a room." He groaned.

There was a knock at the door.

Adaline stiffened again.

A different man walked in.

"Capos almost here." He informed Gino.

"Great. Let's go." He ordered the pair to follow him out.

Both Nick and Adaline grew more and more nervous as they walked through the kitchen and into the dining area of the restaurant.

It was a popular place, making it high class.

Plenty of money was coming in, just not enough to settle their issues.

"Cognac? Woah guys, nice choice." Gino applauded their drink selection from behind the bar before pouring himself some.

"That's an eleven hundred bottle." Nick grimaces as he watched Gino shoot back the glass.

"Not my problem." He shrugged.

Nick was about to fire back when the front door swung open.

Three large men walked in first.

They were big, and they were intimidating.

Some could call them scary.

But the fourth man that walked out, made them seem a lot less dangerous.

Everyone watched as he looked around, a habit that he had gotten into when he became the Don, just to make sure nothing too dangerous would happen.