Part II. Chapter-22

ANGELOS POV.

I wasn't as mad about someone pressing a gun up to my neck at almost two in the morning.

I was more pissed that he was doing it just after Mercury had fallen asleep.

"I'm sick and tired of living like this." He seethed.

Nicholas smelled of nothing but a liquor cabinet.

Ah, so he's a vengeful drunk then.

"You're nothing but a barbaric prick." He cocked it.

He could've chosen any other time.

"Conner," I said softly as I continued to run my fingers through my daughters hair, trying my best to keep her asleep. "If you want to kill me, fine. But if you wake her up with that gun, I swear to god I'll shove it so far down your throat, it'll be my Rolex you choke on first."

I was far from yelling. I was whispering even.

But I guess he was too drunk to give a damn.

"Fuck you!" He yelled, pressing the weapon harder into the back of my neck.

And of course, Mercurys eyes shot open.

Damn it.

Since she had already woken up, I was given the opportunity to just end this quickly.

So, I turned around, and allowed my eyes to zero in on him.

His own eyes widen as I climbed over the couch, keeping my sight on him.

"Really dick head?" I shoved him down, stepping on his hand and taking the weapon away from him.

"He was going to shoot you?"

I had forgotten that there was, in fact, an audience watching us.

"No, he wasn't going to shoot me." I hid the gun behind my back. "He just- wanted me to show him how self defense worked."

Good god man.

"Let's get you to bed, yeah?" I subtly tossed the gun under the couch.

    "But-,"

"Let's go." I began to usher her up the stairs.

   "He could have killed you!" She argued as we neared her room.

    "No he couldn't have. He's Nick. The only person who could get close to achieving that is probably my father." I was trying my best to make it something she wouldn't worry about. "Try to get some sleep, I need to figure out how much of my liquor he stole." I made up some random ass excuse.

    "It's not even worth trying to argue." She muttered. "But this isn't over."

Great. Another conversation about this idiot.

   The idiot in question was still there when I got back down stairs.

    "Let's take a walk." I grabbed him by the back of his shirt. "What the hell were you planning on doing?" I seethed as I dragged him to my office.

    "I-it's obvious, isn't it?" He slurred.

"What's obvious is that without me, you're on your own!" I shoved him into the room. "Got anything to say about what I know?"

    "I've had enough!" He stumbled. "I won't apologize for trying to take care of everything wrong in my life!"

     A lot of drunk people around lately.

I was still furious that Mercury would probably be awake for the rest of the night.

But I did give him credit for trying to kill me.

A stupid decision, but one that showed deep down he was willing to kill for his family.

    "Does your girlfriend know you're here?"

I was kind of hoping she did.

If she knew he was going to try to murder me, it would give Mercury another reason to admit she's definitely a daddy's girl.

   "Fiancée." He corrected. "And no. She doesn't."

    "Get out of my house and sleep of the fucking bottle of vodka you smell like you nursed." I dismissed.

   He gave me an odd look. "That's it?"

"Should there be more?" I questioned.

Nicholas shook his head before slowly walking towards the door.

    "It's just- I-I tried to kill you."

He really should just leave while he still has the chance.

    "I find it interesting that you of all people wanted to turn to murder because you and your family were threatened. If anything, you gained half an ounce of respect from me."

Besides, if I were to do anything else about it, it would be hypocritical, because I have done the same thing.

Countless times.

The only difference is that I actually succeeded.

He nodded, looking down as he returned making his way out.

   "There is one thing though." I reminded.

"Wh-," I finished his sentence for him by punching him square in the jaw, causing him to fall down again.

    "I don't enjoy it when my kid can't sleep."