Part II. Chapter-4

THIRD PERSONS POV.

"How can I help you?" The host greeted, not looking up from the menus he was organizing.

  "I need to talk to the owner." The Don responded, trying to hide his annoyance.

The restaurant was full, which forced him to act civil.

"I'm afraid that is not possible at the moment. He is very busy."

Mercury Lescas eyes caught a glimpse of a waiter rushing out of a set of swinging doors, trying not to drop a tray resting on his shoulder.

    "I could get in." She thought.

She slowly walked towards that direction, trying to stay inconspicuous as another couple of waiters passed by.

   They were too busy to notice the girl that was already pushing open the kitchen doors.

Mercury was hell bent on coming after finding out what her mother had threatened Angelo with.

   She was almost red in the face at the thought of the same person ruining her life again.

It wasn't often she was very mad.

   "How could she?"

The kitchen was fast paced, cooks trying to keep up with the over flowing amount of orders.

  Just as she had thought, there was a small room facing the kitchen, having glass windows so everything could be overseen.

   It was an office.

Mercury mentally prepared herself before she tried to open the door. 

But it was locked.

"This can't be happening."

She began to bang on the door.

"I'm busy!" A deep voice shouted.

She kept banging it, not taking no for an answer, and not giving a damn if she pissed someone off.

   The door ripped open.

A man with light brown hair, streaked with gray was hurrying to button up his wrinkled shirt.

   "What the fuck do you-,"

He looked down at the teenage girl, not really registering the fact that she was easily the most powerful person in the building.

  Hell, she was easily one of the most powerful people in New York.

The only thing he noticed straight away, was that she held a sort of familiarity about her.

   "Who are you?" He asked.

Mercury was already worked up, rolling her eyes before pushing past him.

  She came across a woman, struggling to smooth out her skirt and tame her now messy hair.

  "Gross."

Adaline looked up, and paled quickly.

"M-Mercury?"