Part II. Chapter-2

MERCURY LESCAS POV.

I sighed as I shrugged off my coat, welcoming the warm store instead of the brisk New York weather outside.

  You would think one store would be enough. Especially since we had to spend two hours in it.

"What's wrong?" Gino asked.

"I'm beginning to think she's got nothing but coffee running in her system." I groaned.

   I hate shopping.

"Boys! Look at these suits." She gasped as she made her way throughout the store, filled with nothing but the highest brands.

  Her husband hesitantly followed in suit of her orders.

Poor Gio.

   "Oh god." Gino mumbled before giving me a look of pity. "I have to go. Try to hide from her. It worked for me when I was younger."

   "I tried. She always finds me." I groaned again.

  "Mercury! Come here!"

Only she could still have energy. I swear.

  My Uncle and I both turned to each other, and whispered a quick 'good luck' before parting.

  As I made my way to my grandmother, I mentally prepared myself.

She enjoyed all aspects of shopping, and I was nowhere near strong enough to stop her.

  So the best thing to do was just to let it happen.

   All because she wanted those damn Christmas cards.

  "What's up Pen?" I put on a smile.

"So I'm thinking a beige color. Maybe Burberry?" She immediately holds up to dresses to me as she spoke to her personal stylist, Max.

  Yeah. She's got a personal stylist.

"She could definitely work in that." He circled me for the twelfth time today.

   "Or possibly a Calvin of some sort? She'd look good in Versace too." She continued holding up different brands.

   I'm going to kill him for leaving me to do this.

  "Definitely." Max agreed.

"She'll have one of all three." She decided before moving onto a different set of dresses.

  "Woah, that's too much-," I attempted to slow down this entire process.

  "Mercury, grandmothers buy things."

"But-,"

"No buts. Max, she needs Gucci. I'm thinking blouses and something to lounge around in." She quickly dismissed.

  "Yes ma'am." All he did was snap and a worker ran to find whatever Penelope asked for.

  "Penny, I thought we were just getting whatever you wanted for those Christmas cards?"

  "Where's the fun in that? Don't worry. I'm not getting you anything made out of solid gold. Unless it's twenty four karats." She said the last part quietly. 

   "Oh no." I mumbled.

I really hate shopping.

   As I sat on the stool next to the jewelry counter, waiting for the next command to try on yet another set of clothes, I noticed that the surrounding areas became quieter.