(4) - The things we do for food

☢

Faith was taking a stroll outside camp not long before Clarke, Bellamy, Murphy, and Wells took off to bring Jasper back. She scanned the crowd of laughing and working kids only to find her best friend glancing at the horizon. She had finally found him.

He looked pretty troubled as he kept thinking. He was chewing on his lower lip while glancing at the forest. Faith took a deep breath and made her way and sat beside him, patting his shoulder.

"You should go after them. Now before it's too late." She proposed.

He threw a rock at the trees, thinking about her words. Finn left a sigh to escape his lips before keeping the silence. He could be very stubborn.

"Do you really trust Bellamy? Will you leave Clarke alone with this jerk after what he has done? You know he'll do anything to get that wristband," At the sound of Bellamy's name, Finn turned around to face her. He pursed his lips, eyebrows slightly furrowed as his eyes landed on her. "It's okay to be scared..." she trailed the last word unsurely.

"I'm not afraid," he brusquely replied, throwing another rock to the distance.

She decided to give him some time to think alone, but before she could turn away, she had to tell him what she wanted. "Hey, Finn?" she called out, waiting for his response. The male eyed her hesitantly. She knew him better than anyone. "I only trust you with Jasper's life. Not Bellamy, not Murphy," she confessed before getting back at the camp.

"You're pretty good with the little talk huh?" Zack commented, watching Finn walking out of the camp immediately after Faith left him. She smiled in relief. There was the Finn she knew.

"Shut up, Zack," she swallowed a chuckle from being released and walked away.

The dropship was not soundproof, and that was a fact since Faith's every step echoed inside the whole machine before she made her way to the upper level. "Oh," a sudden noise escaped her parted lips when she saw Monty there.

The boy seemed so focused on his task that he didn't notice her coming in. "How is it going?" she asked curiously. She met Monty's shocked expression. " Sorry," she apologized for scaring him.

A small welcoming smile appeared on his lips as he moved to the side so she could get closer. "The plan is to make it into a radio to contact with the Ark." he explained, biting the inside of his cheek skeptically. "But I need an alive one. It's dead. It won't be any help,"

"Where's the problem? You have one right here," she smirked at him, pointing at her wristband. It was a different situation. She was willing to take it off if this meant that there was a chance of helping the Ark surviving, and not only them.

His brown eyes blinked with hope as he picked up the screwdriver. Faith extended her hand, the boy gently wrapping his finger around her skin, getting it closer to have a better look. "How do we know if it's going to be still alive?" she took the chance to ask as he worked at the silver bracelet.