(31) - Sleepless Night

Clarke walks in with Zack following her tracks, "don't you have a job to do?"

Clarke rolled her gunmetal blue eyes to the word job and disappeared to the chancellor's office with Raven. Faith witnessed some newcomers, moving to the medical for examination, looking bruised and traumatized from being captive. Her heart ached for the kids the most.

"I'm jobless, Faith. Bellamy didn't bring back the machine." He blurted out, moving the ex-prisoners of Farm Station. Their hair was messily dropping to their shoulders, and their skin was bruised in covered in dirt. They had dark circles under their innocent eyes, and that was enough evidence for the terrible abuse they got from the Ice Nation. "Clarke called a general meeting. Be out in five minutes, okay?"

Faith bumped into a stranger. She bowed slightly, apologizing in seconds. "I'm so sorry. Are you okay?" She reached out to the blonde-haired boy, who flinched away. A younger girl was hiding behind him, gripping his hand terrified.

"You don't have to be afraid. You're safe here." She flashed her a warming smile, nodding in tiny. Faith brought her attention back to the older guy and gave him the water she forgot, was holding in her hands. "Here. Take all the time you need to rest. If you need anything, I'll be here for you."

His blue eyes shimmered under the light bulbs of the hallway. "Thank you." He sighed, his voice quivering.

Faith reunited with Monty after fifteen minutes. She wrapped her arms around his back, locking them. She rested her chin on his shoulder and whispered to his ear. "I'm glad you saved these people. They seem so traumatized."

He pursed his lips, not finding the time to update her about the events, which took place at Agro Station. Clarke made an impossible decision. Without the machine, the ship couldn't afford all of the Sky people a chance to live. Only one hundred could be saved. Clarke couldn't tell the truth, and she chose to lie. Raven narrowed her brown eyes, unhappy with Clarke's decision.

"So now you know the truth. I know you're afraid. I know you're angry. But when I shot down Alie, I knew there was a way for us to get through this. Together. Alpha Station is that way." Monty trapped his bottom lip in between his teeth, serious-minded. Clarke's promises were heavy, and he knew the truth. One hundred people. He understood the need for the hope she was trying to offer to her people, but his chest felt heavy with this white lie.
"Every single one of us will survive on this ship." He stared into the distance, getting lost in thought.

"You two knew about this?" Minjun demanded to know, adding salt to the injury in Faith's soul.

"We found out not long after Alie was shot down." She blankly stated, staring somewhere over Minjun's shoulder, avoiding the tension in her piercing gaze. Monty caressed her upper back slowly, giving her courage.

"Can we ever take a break?" Hearing the blondie's words, Amsu scoffed, struggling to stabilize his feet together.

"Judging from their faces. We won't!" Bellamy and Raven were easy to read. Bellamy saw the choice he took affecting people's lives. He saved people today, but he sacrificed someone else's lives in the long run. The future was unpredictable, but for this moment, he took the lives on his shoulders. Yesterday, he told Faith as long as they were breathing there was still hope, but today, and now that Faith was convinced by Clarke's lie, breathing was troublesome.