(18) - Moving Forward

Zack, Faith, Monty, and the other nine found shelter on level three under the protection of a kind lady. She made them some hot chocolate to help them calm down after Cage's public announcement. He portrayed them like they were criminals and killers. They didn't tell the truth to their people; they wanted to kill every single one of them to save their own skin. They would never stop until they get what they want.

"What will happen to you if they find out you helped us?"

She was betraying her own people for what she believed in. Zack sat up from the couch and walked to Ms. Ryan the moment someone knocked on the door. "You have to hide now!" the woman warned them.

Monty pushed Faith behind a dark wall, hiding from the guards. "What are y-" Monty moved his finger closer to her, preventing her from making noise. They focused their ears to the guard, who was talking on his walkie-talkie.

"All forty-five are heading to the Harvest Chamber. Get them in the dorms. Alive!" the man on the other side of the line, Carl Emerson, ordered.

"Yes sir!"

Monty and Faith locked their eyes, terrified. "It's a trap." Faith exclaimed.

They both flinched when they saw the man shooting the lady, right in the head. "Monty we can't leave them."

"We can't go there."

Faith's lower lip trembled, thinking about Zack. "I can't let Zack die, Monty. I have to warn them before it's too late. Before the guards go there."

Monty left a shaky breath, and touched her hand, softly. "If you do this. You'll get caught. You can't risk your life again. Not again." He argued with her. Just this once, just like when Faith let him risk back at the command center, Monty had to let her go.

"I'm not going to abandon them. I have to try. You, on the other hand, have stay here and wait for Bellamy." Monty's brown eyes were pleading her. He

his arms around her, but not for too long. Faith pushed him away softly. She had to move fast.

"Monty," she called his name before she could run to the Harvest Chamber. "I trust you." She gazed at him for one last time.

She meant it with all her heart. If someone had to stay behind to save them, it was him. Monty.

Bellamy, Jasper, and Maya were too late. If they came two minutes before, they would have stopped Faith from walking exactly into the Wolve's Lair.

 If they came two minutes before, they would have stopped Faith from walking exactly into the Wolve's Lair

The Harvest Chamber was empty. Everyone was gone; her friends being taken away. "They betrayed us," she came to realize the sad truth.