(26) - Shattered

Raven discovered a secret place Alie was hiding away from the city. She had to inform Faith and Monty about it so they could use it as an advantage. "Look at these layers of security. More than anything else in the entire Alie code."

"Firewall?" Monty asked but Raven corrected him. 

"More like a fortress. She calls it the citadel. It overlooks the entire city. It's separated by water, like a moat." Faith couldn't process the new information her friend was providing. 

"Slow down. What are you saying?"

"I'm saying she's hiding something." Faith locked her eyes with Raven's, reading her thoughts. She knew her very well, and her eyes were giving away her intentions. "You want to check it yourself, don't you?" She realized, and Monty widened his eyes.

"No!" He disagreed. He would never allow her to activate this idea. 

"Monty. With Becca's password, I can edit the code." She believed in her abilities. Raven's brain was upgraded from the part of Alie's code that was still in her head. "We've covered this. We map it from the outside. We don't go in."

"If we don't go in, we won't know what she's protecting there!"

"It's too risky, Raven. We can't act recklessly." The other girl talked it out. She chewed on her bottom lip, nervously. The opinion of the two was stronger than hers. "We will tell the others when they come home. We decide together."

"What if they don't come home?" There was the other side of the coin in a plan. Too many options could go wrong, and them not coming home was a popular chance. 

"They are coming home. And they're bringing back a supercomputer built for this. You may be freakishly good, Raven. But you're not an AI."

Raven glared at the boy and returned to the computer, sitting down and cursing. She hated following orders and not her mind. Her eyes were swollen and red from the lack of sleep she got for two days. "Raven relax." Faith touched her shoulder comfortingly.

"Maybe some sleep would help.'' 

The mechanic was too stubborn to stop working on the program when Αlie was still taking people on her side. Her perfection wouldn't allow that. "I'm just gonna keep mapping. In case she has any other vulnerabilities." She was overworking herself again. Faith clenched her fingers around Finn's necklace and licked her lips before announcing. 

"We're not leaving you alone."

"Faith's right. We're doing this together." Monty sat next to Raven, who shot a bothered look back at him. "I promise we won't slow you down. Just keep you company." He shifted his eyes back at Faith for a reassuring nod.

"Hurry

"Hurry. This door won't last much longer."

They were running out of time as the chipped people hit the locked door over and over again, wanting to get in. Pike was taking too long, and the battle was a minute away from the outbreak.