(24) - Hard Choices

One of the oldest kids Zack was babysitting a while ago walked towards him.

Zack, who was trying to understand what was happening, looked at Jaha and Abby, terrified as they provided the chips straight into the people's mouths.

He couldn't found Minjun anywhere, and since Monty left, Pike was long gone too. Monty's mother betrayed him, Pike was already at the dropship, and Arkadia was unprotected. The result was everyone to get chipped.

It was not long ago until he felt an arm tap from a young boy, making him shift his attention to the back. The younger boy looked at him poker-faced. He wasn't even laughing like he always did. He seemed so out of control. Lost.

Zack took a step back, protecting himself as he raised the key to his eye level. "You've been chipped?" He asked, finding it hard to believe. He was an amateur and underaged, which made him easy to manipulate into taking the chip. He was just a kid, and A.L.I.E didn't hesitate into adding the kids to her plan.

"If you want to save your friends, there's only one way to do so." He said toneless, the computer hologram speaking instead of Kaiyuu. Zack glanced at the floor, feeling the cold material of the chip on his tongue, a minute before swallowing it.

Then, unfortunately, he saw her. He saw the woman in red.

Jasper ran out of Arkadia with an unconscious Raven in his arms. "We can't lose Raven. Get him," she demanded.

News traveled back at the cave, Sinclair explaining there was a problem with an invisible enemy they had to take care of. "Jasper is getting Raven here to help her," Monty explained, leaving the rest confused.

"What's wrong with these keys to the City of Light?" Amsu asked for more information. They never get a day to rest. Problem after problem. "I don't understand it either. Something about those chips."

"Raven was acting like a different person from the moment she took this stupid thing." Faith claimed, searching for every memory of Raven the past days. "She even acted like the pain from her hip was gone. Like it never existed." she noticed.

"We'll know soon enough. Get ready."

Faith turned to Amsu, who was clenching and unclenching his fingers along with the gun's trigger. "Maybe he is being followed. We could get in trouble."

"We are always in trouble. Nothing new about that. You're missing the point here. If what Jasper says it's true and Arkadia is taken, that means Minjun, Zack and your father are also puppets under this computer program."

Faith narrowed, eyes flickering past Amsu and now focusing on the siblings. Their conversation ended the moment Octavia snapped at Bellamy.

"Turning Pike in does not make you one of the good guys Bellamy. You did that to save me. Not because what you thought Pike was doing to the Grounders was wrong." Octavia was speaking the truth. Bellamy might have saved the day but he still thought he was right. "The Grounders were starving us out." The reason behind this action was the killing of three hundred soldiers that Lexa sent to Arkadia to protect them from the Ice Nation. A false alarm. A massacre.

They attacked them first because they were afraid of something they might have done. First ones to strike and kill innocent people, destroying families. "You were hurting, and you lashed out because that's what you do. There are consequences, Bell. People get hurt. People die, your people. Monroe is dead." she made a pause, her next words trembling with revenge. "Lincoln is dead."

She wanted to get out of this place and be left alone. She didn't need anyone nor their pity for what happened. She didn't want to see Bellamy in her life. But as her brother, he couldn't give up on her.