(13) - Special Bondings

They waited almost three days for Jasper to fully recover. The boy had a hard time, randomly puking all over the floor. Monty hated it. He didn't want him to give his blood to them again, but that wasn't Dr. Tsings' plan. Dante talked with the boy, asking if the forty-seven could get inspired and volunteer as he did.

Dante wasn't agreeing with his people; he wasn't in position to say no to the doctor's plans. They wanted the best for their people. The kids had something they wanted, and they were willing to lose their humanity to get it. Zack picked up the teddy bear someone gave to Jasper and raised the corners of his mouth in an ironic smile. "Someone has a Fanclub,"

Jasper laughed awkwardly. "When you make a kind move like that, you get praised," deep inside, not even he believed in those words. Everyone listened to what he had to say. He wanted to convince them, but no one wanted to give their blood. They had every right not to.

"No way. We're not doing that. Forget it," Harper was quick to turn down her friend's idea.

"But, guys, think about what they did for us. I mean, they gave us clean clothes, shelter. They kept us safe from the grounders. Miller, they save your life, right?"

Miller, on the other hand, was afraid, "dude, you puked for three days,"

"That was different. Normal treatments wouldn't be as bad,"

"That's what they say," Monty didn't trust any of the words they said.

"Speak for yourself, Jasper. Not all of us can give blood here," Faith was underweight. She was one of the kids that were born really small, and it was difficult to take care of. It was, mostly, because when her mother was pregnant, something bad happened. Her father never explained in detail, but because of that incident, Dr. Griffin had forbidden her from giving blood.

Zack nodded his head, agreeing with her.

"Say we do it, what will happen to us if we keep giving them our blood?" the boy asked him the obvious. No one could guarantee their safety. They weren't planning on keeping them alive.

"Zack is right. What we'll only puke for one day? I'm out,"

None of the kids wanted to be a part of this, leaving Jasper in a desperate situation. He made some steps closer to Faith with a sad smile.

"Come on, Faith. Just one of us will be something. I have a sign-up sheet. Just write your name," he pleaded, giving her a pencil. Monty, furious about his best friend pressuring Faith into a serious matter like this, grabbed the sheet and pulled her away from Jasper.

"Jasper, what are you doing? When did you start working for them? Nevermind. Now that you are better," he turned around to the girl, continuing," we're going after Clarke,"

Just then, Maya walked inside the dorms putting on her most warm fake smile. Faith heard Monty's annoyed comment but couldn't say anything more. "Hey, guys. Jasper, I'm so glad you're okay," she held out a medium size notebook that delivered a different message. «Act Normal. They're listening,»

Jasper understood that something was wrong and played along with her, responding casually before his eyes reading the next message « The breach wasn't an accident. Follow me.»

"It's pizza day. Who's hungry?" her voice was trembling from how nervous she was.

Faith raised her eyebrow before creating a shining fake smile on her pink lips. "I am. After you, Maya." the girl played her part and all three of them followed her silently until they reached the warehouse.

"We don't have much time, but we can talk freely here," the boy she had a crush on, asked her what was happening, and then she started crying out of guilt. "I'm sorry,"