(20) - Uncompleted Conversations

Farm Station was brought back to Arkadia safe. The reunion with Charles Pike and his students was heartwarming. Faith owed him for the skills he taught them while being locked. Now she knew why he rushed to teach them Earth Skills. She found herself disagreeing with the idea of moving to Mount Weather. She turned down his offer. It was difficult to go there for two hours, how could she possibly live in that place after nearly being killed?

She stayed in her room all day, thinking. A knock on the door snapped her out of her thoughts.

Her father breathed in disappointment and worry. He placed the food he brought her on the table and sat next to her. "You haven't eaten anything the whole day. What's wrong?"

She shrugged. "Nothing. I was doing stuff. I forgot to eat," she played with the pencil in her hands.

"Stuff?" The man moved his eyes to the window.

"Let me guess. You don't think moving to Mount Weather is a good idea."

"Not exactly. I mean, Mountain Weather has many benefits. More space for everyone, or medical equipment which we really need," she told him her opinion. "But, I don't agree with it. It doesn't feel right at all. And I feel even worse seeing Pike being prejudiced against the Grounders. Ice Nation is bad, but that doesn't mean every other Grounder is too. Not all people are the same."

Her father nodded his head. "I agree with you. Pike is being unfair. He must have been through a lot," he figured.

"All of us have been through a lot dad. We've lost. Recognizing a good person from a bad doesn't have anything to do with it." She could feel her heart beating faster than usual like a sudden rage. He gave her a wide smile and stroked her head softly.

"How about stop thinking and focus on something else?" He suggested the moment her stomach started to complain. She chuckled.

"You're right. I'm starving."

Monty woke up after taking some rest. He was awake for two days, and it was difficult to fall asleep after everything. The thought of his father being dead was keeping him awake.

He took his jacket and let his legs guide him in front of Faith's door. He needed to talk to her. He hesitated to knock on her door, hearing their conversation because it was half-open,

"I doubt this is the only reason you've been avoiding to come outside. Is Amsu still bothering you?"

Finally, Monty tapped politely on the door, interrupting them. "I'm sorry. I didn't know you would be here," he apologized for disturbing them.

Faith's attention was at Monty now. She froze in place, holding her food.

"No, it's okay. I was about to leave." Faith noticed her father smiling at Monty before he left.

Time stopped when Monty sat down next to her on the edge of the bed, having his head lowered. He breathed in frustration. "I found my mother today,"

The news about him finding his family after so long, when he thought they were dead, surprising her. Her eyes got bigger, looking at him with her mouth wide open. "She was one of the survivors. Like Charles Pike,"

Faith helped Farm Station, arranging their rooms and helping with their things. She was sure she saw Monty's mother, but didn't know how she looked like.

"That's good news." Her smile faded away when she saw him tear up. She shifted her position, her whole body facing him. A tear fell on his knee, wetting the spot of the pant's fabric.
"It truly is but," he stopped the sentence, swallowing. "My father is dead." He announced the news that kept him awake with a wobbly voice.