(1) - Life Starts Now

Faith stretched her arms and legs while doing her regular workout routine for the third time today

Faith stretched her arms and legs while doing her regular workout routine for the third time today. She was sick of it, but it was better than lying on the bed staring at the cell box's ceiling.

"You'll earn yourself muscle pain if you keep up with this act." The boy named Finn warned her as he leaned his head on the grey pillow.

"And what do you want me to do, Finn? Lie on the bed all day waiting for my non-existing boyfriend to pay a visit?" Faith delivered the words with irony, crossing her hands on her chest, connecting them.

Finn could read her like an open book; he sat up in a seating position, holding the only item he owned on his cell. A solid white pillow which was matching with the steel walls.

"Someone had a bad dream?" He asked. The concern about her feelings was crystal clear, from the serious tone in his voice.

His guess was unsuccessful.

"Not exactly. I'm just tired of waiting to get floated, Finn. I want someone to open this fucking door and execute me right here, right now." The waiting was getting on her nerves.

When the underage prisoners turned 18, their cases were reviewed to determine whether it was safe to release them or put them to death.

Every day, Faith's father put his life in danger in order to gather sufficient proof to stand up for those youngsters, including his daughter.

The council was strict and didn't care for the fate of the children. He knew most of them would get floated, but he would never let them kill Faith.

Of course, Faith knew that. The blood in her veins was burning. She needed to distract her mind with anything, and the empty cell was not helping her calm down.

She groaned in frustration and kicked the wall in an effort to release the stress she couldn't remember feeling.

"But weren't you the one who always got excited about Earth skills lessons?" The question earned eye-rolling from the girl, who immediately responded while giving him a look with an angry expression.

"We are talking about something that's over now. It doesn't matter." She was an excellent student in the classes. Giving an imprisoned kid the chance to study, was preferable  having them watch four walls every day for the rest of their remaining days alive. Faith deployed the opportunity.

The boy grinned at the remark and shifted his position on the mattress to get a closer look at her. His brown hair, which was around shoulder length, was brushing against the skin of his exposed neck.

"I'm not asking for something impossible. I only wish to be fr-"

Her sentence was cut in the middle when the door opened violently with a loud thump, revealing two guards behind it.

On her chest, a paralysis arrow was pointed.

Her legs began to weaken first, followed by the rest of her body, until she was unable to hold herself any longer.