(5) - Acid Fog

Darkness filled the inside of the dropship, so they kept the light bulb on to clean up Jasper's tortured and bruised body.

Faith decided it would be better to take some rest, a little farther from Jasper, to the other side of the room where some seats were still in their place. The seats had been transferred outside for the campers to sit.

The problems were not over. It was only the beginning when Jasper started groaning in pain, his pulse-raising dramatically, and his body shaking. "His pulse is weak," Clarke matured to herself, worried about Jasper's health. Other kids didn't seem to like the noise and started cursing at the young unconscious boy.

"Can he just die already?" One of them shouted, making Faith flatter her eyes open, wanting to beat this person up. "Go float yourself," she muttered to herself.

"I'm going to get some clean water. Keep an eye on him," the girl walked out of the dropship the same time Monty moved to his best friend's side.

Faith made her way to the other side to be near Jasper, still in a half-awake state. "I can handle it. You should rest. You had a long day" the boy followed her every move, concerned. She looked very tired, and her red eyes were giving it up.

"If I had a long day, what about you? It's so late, and you haven't even rest for once" her voice came out more like a whisper. She struggled to keep herself awake at this point. Monty ignored her words. He was tired, but he didn't have a choice. He had to figure the solution to the communication problem. It was also difficult to get rest while Jasper's life was still at stake. "I'll keep an eye on him, don't worry about it."

She tilted her head to the side, resting her chin on her palm so she could take a glimpse at him. "And I'll keep an eye on you," she really meant what she just said, but sleep got the best of her.

Monty didn't get to answer back as she was already asleep. His eyes crinkled at the side, the corners of his mouth slid upwards, showing the muscles in the apple of its cheek.

Finn walked into the dropship, mind absent, and he almost didn't notice Faith's body in front of him and was ready to bump at her.

Monty was fast enough to warn him; his panicked voice was the reason that Finn woke up from his thoughts, "watch out," he turned around to witness his sleeping best friend.

"Oh, sorry." He mumbled with a low voice so he wouldn't disturb her. They both tried their best to keep quiet even though Faith seemed to be in a deep sleep.

Finn smiled, moving her tiny body to a more comfortable place, making sure she was alright before leaving.

Even after three days, Jasper didn't seem to get any better at all. His loud painful shouts of suffering were enough for evidence. All the kids started to get annoyed due to that. Some of them wished out loud that it would be better if he died, and others wanted him to get better.

The chances of communicating were out too, and the things between the hundred weren't going so smooth.

Faith didn't have a reason to step out of the dropship since she finished the food distribution. She preferred to stay inside, watching Jasper. It was a way to make herself feel sure that he wouldn't die, but she still was afraid that it could happen anytime.

"My mother would know what to do." Clarke sighed in despair. She spaced out, looking at Jasper, wondering what was going wrong. She couldn't figure out why he wasn't getting better by now.

"How's he doing? " Wells asked the moment he climbed the stairs.

"How does it look like he's doing Wells?" She threw back at him, angry. It wasn't a moment she could vent her anger on Wells or to anyone.