(19) - Strategy techniques

He focused his gaze on his enemy's face. His brown curly hair decorated with sweat.

Observing the opponent can help you guess his next move and dodge in time. His hands tightened into fists, maintaining almost to the eye level of his face. That's the best technique to protect the most important part of your body; the head.

Bellamy aimed for the right side of the opponent's head, but Lincoln saw it coming.

He shifted his body to the left and dodged. The second attempt was stronger. Lincoln bend his head down, avoiding Bellamy's punch, and delivered a powerful attack on his stomach. For a minute, he fell down, released a painful growl. He was pissed with his pointless attacks, but he wasn't going to back down yet.

Faith was standing near the window, studying their every move silently. She didn't want to lie, but she already picked a side. She wanted Bellamy to win.

"He has him." Minjun commented, nodding her head to Bellamy's excellent moves. Her eyes followed Lincoln's figure, who at the last minute, made a plot twist with him being the final winner of this training fight. Bellamy was defeated.

Faith flinched when he threw Bellamy down. "Ouch. That must hurt," she hissed.

"He had me," Lincoln, turned to the rest of the trainees, pointing out Bellamy's mistakes, "but he was too aggressive." He looked back at the brunette curly boy.

He laughed and picked up his shirt. "Whatever you say."

Some others in the back chuckled, as well as Faith. "Better take notes, Minjun." one guy from the back teased her, earning himself a death glare from her. "You wouldn't even last a minute with me," she shot back at him.

Amsu smirked at the comment, and returned his attention to the rest. "Quitting so soon?"

"Mapping run. Sector seven."

Minjun moved her eyes to her friend.

Faith knew what she was thinking. "You find it weird." she left a sigh.

"How can I not? Sector seven means Ice Nation. We all know how aggressive these Grounders are." She noticed Harper giving Lincoln the guard's uniform. "Looks like someone is finally accepted."

Faith smile at the scene. "He deserves it. He left his own people for us."

Minjun raised her finger, correcting her sentence. "For Octavia,"

Faith rolled her eyes.

"Wish all of us would get accepted like that someday."

"You already are. You're one of the hundred," Faith reminded Minjun, and looked around confused. "Didn't you say Zack would be here too? Where is he?"

Faith's eyes landed on Amsu's side. The timing was perfect, and he shifted his eyes to her as well. Their gazes locked together.

"He is babysitting the kids again. You can always teach him the moves yourself. He loves the challenges." Minjun spoke, but Faith was too busy glaring at the boy with a piercing stare.

He was supposed to be on his shift, yet here he was watching the training session.

"Pair up to fight. Now."

When Lincoln said that, Minjun and Faith exchanged smiles, one arrogant and the other self-effacing.

They studied each other's postures while walking around in circles. Faith threw her fist on the left side of her head, and she kept searching for a weak spot, hoping Minjun would fight back. "Why are you holding back? Fight back. Don't worry about hitting me." She said in case what she needed was reassurance.